Campanula - Gratitude {EDITED}

Renato Reborn Sinclair remembered many times where he would consistently think of what would have happened if he did not accept the sun arcobaleno position and accepted the curse.

This grew as a teasing question which would often tug at the back of his thoughts, constantly haunting him throughout his life span. It may also have to do with his complete, utter lack of trust due to being a hitman.

His pride may or may not also be a key factor.

He never had a true famiglia to call his own. The arcobaleno, he trusted with his life but they were only his allies. Nothing more, nothing less.

The ninth generation Vongola famiglia were quite amusing, but not quite the famiglia he longed for. The sense of belonging was never there to begin with, never mind gradually building up whilst he was around them.

Then he met Sawada Tsunayoshi: the Vongola decimo candidate. When he first saw him, he thought the brunette was weak.

He was clumsy, stupid and he wasn't trained in anything at all. He was most definitely going to be more of a challenge than the Chiavarone famiglia decimo, Dino- his previous student.

The brunette- in Reborn's eyes -was a nuisance. A complete and utter nuisance. But his opinion had changed quickly.

Seeing the pure resolve in the boy's eyes as he saved Gokudera and then Yamamoto, his two future guardians, was eye-opening. He did not know either of these two boys yet he still risked his life to save them. The resolve of a true sky. 

'It seems that this student is much more interesting than I had originally anticipated,' Reborn thought to himself. He admitted, he had felt a flicker of something when he was around the boy but as soon as it appeared he would force himself to ignore it.

Every time the sadistic tutor would set a bar, his 'dame' student would raise it higher and surpass his expectations of him no matter how big or small they were.

Along the way, he had trouble concealing the feeling he felt around the brunette; it was an euphoric feeling, a sense of belonging which he could not deny. Yet, he would continue to push it to the far back of his mind.

It was not important at that key point in time.

He had to admit, when he was how much his student would improve after each and every battle he was impressed. It seemed as though his dame student had a hidden skill.

When his student had freed the arcobaleno of their curse, Reborn was yet again floored by Tsuna's capabilities. Yes, Renato Reborn Sinclair the number one hitman was floored.

He was glad.

Glad that he could see the young, no-good brunette student of his blossom into a kind, confident mafia boss.

It made him feel oddly satisfied, to know that he had helped him along the way to his final goal of being a mafia boss. He was overjoyed that he had helped Tsuna become the man he is today.

Even this bouquet of campanula's- which represented gratitude -could not convey the sheer amount and depth of thankfulness he felt for the boy.

The gratitude for giving him, the ex-arcobaleno of the sun, a famiglia; a home to call his own.

He will be forever grateful to his sky.