Amaryllis - Pride {EDITED}

Hibari adored order. He believed ruled were set to be followed strictly and precisely, with no exceptions what so ever.

His obsession over order and peace, coupled with his hostile nature, drove people away from him even at a young age. He was okay with that; he was a lone wolf, labelling people by strength and biting people to death with his tonfas if they didn't follow the rules.

This led to him being feared. He accepted that fact- fear led to him being at the top of the food chain in Namimori, which meant people would think twice before defying him or the rules he played by.

He was the law.

Then a certain brunette came along.

He bit the boy to death a couple of times for breaking the rules, and after that had followed a trail investigating someone who had started to disturb the peace in his beloved Namimori.

He admits, he was beaten by a pineapple-haired freak but he never swallowed his pride. 

Not once.

Gaining the cloud guardian ring was, at first, one of the worst moments of his life- he did not want to be anyone's mindless lackey. He wasn't about to let his pride go because of a stupid ring, and especially not for the rule breaking brunette.

Though, the brunette piqued his interest.

After watching him for so long he soon realised what it was: Sawada Tsunayoshi was an omnivore. He acted like a weak herbivore, but he had the strength of a carnivore like himself. Intrigued by the brunette's power, strength and potential he followed him.

Even a lone wolf must find a pack to call his own.

Before he had even realised it, he found himself following every word; ever request; every command the omnivore had made without hesitation nor question. He had accepted Tsunayoshi as his boss.

It wasn't long before he grew protective over the brunette. Although he was an omnivore, Tsunayoshi would always be a little animal in the skylark's eyes.

After all, it is the considerate sky which lets the aloof cloud roam wherever it pleases.

It took a while for him to accept it, his pride not letting him admit that fact fully even if he did acknowledge said fact. However, he realised something along the way.

A single amaryllis flower was held between his index finger and thumb gingerly at the stem. The flower represented pride but it wasn't just a flower. It was a symbol, a symbol which meant that no matter what:

The only person he would ever give up his pride for, is his sky.