BasicallyIDoWrk x Reader | Rainy Nights

Have some fluff :3

ovovovovo

{3rd Person POV}

It was late at night and (Y/N) had been woken up by some of her friends loudly entering the apartment. (Y/N) hadn't been able to sleep, worrying all night about her friends who had left to complete a dangerous mission. When they finally returned, (Y/N) was ecstatic to know they were all safe. After welcoming them back and asking how the mission went, she went and perched upon the couch in the living room to watch some TV.

The boys all left to get changed before joining her on the comically large sofa. The couch was custom made to fit several people on it, seeing as there were several people living in the one place. The rest of the boys who had stayed home soon joined them. (INSERT IMAGE HERE)

All of the boys' dogpiled on top of (Y/N) and she squealed, trying to push them all off, but she failed. She eventually gave up and just waited for them to leave her alone. One by one, they all dragged themselves out of the mess and stationed themselves somewhere on the couch. It was sort of crammed with nine people in the one place, especially since some of them were so tall. It would have been ten, but sadly, Lui had moved out a while ago to work on his own.

(Y/N) looked over at each of the boys, some were already asleep from exhaustion. David, Brian, Brock, and Jonathon were all fast asleep; Evan, Marcel, Craig, and Tyler were still awake but seemed tired.

The girl smiled at them, "Why don't you guys head to bed? You look tired."

The four boys turned their heads to look at her. "Well, we wanted to spend some time with you today." Marcel started, a small smile on his face.

"We've been out all morning and when we finally got back earlier today, we were too tired to stay awake." Craig continued, making a good point.

"But now we're awake, we can spend some good old quality time together!" Tyler spoke in a southern accent, laughing. (Y/N) laughed along with him, though only quietly so she didn't wake the sleeping beauties.

She turned her attention back to the TV as Evan put something on for them to watch. He put on a horror movie—which she was excited for.

However, she started to fall sleep about a third of the way into the movie, drifting off into her dreams.

{Your POV}

I woke up with a start and rubbed my eyes. After searching around the darkened area, I figured I was in my room. I was on my bed, covered by my silky blankets. Someone must have carried me here after I fell asleep.

I looked over to the window as I stood up, stretching; barely any light was filtering in through the blinds, black clouds covered the sky and rain bucketed down. The harsh pitter-patter of the storm was soothing but a booming crack of thunder startled me and I shrieked. The storm was heavy outside and the severe rainfall threatened to shatter my window any minute now.

Knock, knock, knock. I was startled by someone rapping against my door. Another clap of thunder scared me, but afterwards I heard a soft "(Y/N)?" sound from the other side of my door. I relied on my instincts and my memory of the room to get me safely to my door. Luckily, I didn't trip on anything and arrived at the door safe and sound.

I slowly creaked open my door, wondering who was waiting for me at this hour. It was Marcel.

"What are you doing up?" I asked him, opening my door more so I could see him fully.

"I could ask you the same thing," he says, leaning against my door frame. "But anyway, I couldn't sleep thanks to the storm, and I heard you getting scared from the thunder. At first I thought it was Brian and his girly screams, but your room is closer to mine, so I figured this is where it was coming from. Are you alright?"

I smiled, glad he came to check up on me, but I felt embarrassed that he heard me screaming... I wonder if anyone else heard me.

"Yeah, thanks, Marcel. I'm okay. The storm woke me up and the thunder frightened me a little..."

"I see. I get scared during big storms like this, too, it's nothing to worry about. Anyway, now that I know you're safe, I'm gonna see if I can catch some z's, alright? Good ni-"

I cut him off by grabbing his arm. "Marcel, could you, um... could you stay with me tonight?" I looked up at him shyly, "I don't really like big storms, they scare me,"

His eyes soften at my words, and he nods with a small smile on his face. I let him into the room and close the door behind him. I watch as he sits down on the bed and pats the space beside him, motioning for me to sit, too. I do as he wants and the bed creaks beneath me.

BOOM! I screamed and clung onto Marcel for dear life. I really hated this storm now. Marcel shushed me softly and hugged me, rocking me back and forth slowly to calm me down. I was beginning to relax when thunder crashed nearby once again, the familiar rumble becoming deafeningly loud, making me shake from the obnoxious sounds.

I closed my eyes and hugged Marcel tighter, no longer wanting to be here—wishing the storm away. But when I felt something graze my forehead, my eyes flew open to see Marcel kissing me lightly. His lips were soft and gentle against my skin and his hands were patting my hair. I was surprised; how do I act in this situation? Is he doing it to calm me down or does he like me? Because either way, I'm now less calm than I was before. What if he likes me? No, he couldn't... the people you like never like you back... Wait, did I just confess to myself that I did like him?

After a short moment, Marcel pulls away. And when I gaze into his dark eyes, I realise that I really do like him. And I don't know what I was thinking, but it's now or never, right? Now seems like a good time, otherwise I may never do it. Who knows, maybe this is a dream and when I wake I won't have to live through my embarrassment. I decide to do it, it's my only chance.

"Marcel?" I call him sweetly, and he hums in response. "Um, I have something to tell you,"

I hesitated. What if he rejects me? What if he hates me afterward? I sigh and push forward, trying to get the words out without my voice cracking, but it was difficult.

"Look, maybe you'll hate me for this, but I really like you. Like-like you, that is. And I think I only just realised it now, but I felt that you should know..."

Silence. I didn't dare make eye contact with him. He didn't say anything so I piped again, "Look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you. I understand that you don't feel the same way but it's how I feel and you sho-"

Marcel hushed me, placing a finger on my lips. This time, I did look up at him and into those beautiful eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking—his eyes didn't show any sign of hate or love—and here I was upset, my eyes filled with fear and sadness.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry, too." He whispered, breaking my heart into a million pieces.

I almost began crying for being such a fool, such an idiot.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. But I think I love you, (Y/N). I really think I do,"

My eyes lit up and an overjoyed smile grew on my face. I stared into his eyes to see if he was lying, but even those soft, kind-hearted browns couldn't hide something horrible like that. I couldn't believe it—he loves me? I could almost jump with joy!

But I didn't. Instead, I leaned over and kissed him tenderly. He kissed me back, his touch soothing and loving. I finally found someone who made me happy, and I never imagined it was Marcel.

For the rest of the night, he cuddled me and comforted me during the storm. I've never been so relaxed in my life.

I think I love you, too, Marcel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would kill to have one of those couches, honestly. Also, Couch™ feat. Meg Turney.

Originally, this story was going to end a different way (*wink*), but I liked the fluffy ending, so that's what I stayed with. I will be doing another chapter on the original ending, though I don't think it would be with Marcel. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed.

Ghostie out ;3