introduction ; let the games begin

chapter one ; them

seventeen

high school. four of the most best years of your life or the worst; it really depended on where you stood in the social ranks. for some, high school is something they want to be over and done with, scraping past every year by blending into the crowd but for others, making everyone know their name before their time in that hellish prison was up was the only goal their minds were set on. studying to get into a high end, if not decent university? i don't think so. working hard to make your own money to sustain yourself after graduation? who has time for that when you can have everyone stare at you in amazement just by walking to your locker? welcome to the world of popularity.

some people become popular by being the best athlete, being at the top of their grade or contributing to the school that can cause significant change to the student body and for some particular people, you could possibly get popular just by having the correct features to make your face beyond beautiful. all of the above where attributes that consisted in making the most typical popular boys in school. choi seungcheol and kwon soonyoung were the best of the best in their basketball team. they were strong, passionate and completely wreaked any team they were up against. with all of that including their visuals, how could any girl not want to get their hands on them?

hong jisoo has been in the top class since his arrival from america. he studied hard and was always helping out the school and partaking in anything he could. he was always kind to those around him and was just a lovable person; that's what go him class president three years in a row. and the fact that he was a foreigner that could speak fluent english increased his likeability by at least 70%. as for the people who could just stand still in the middle of the hallway and be praised by almost everyone, well, that was wen junhui, kim mingyu and chwe hansol.

their visuals soared through the sky, with blinding smiles and perfect bodies. of course, they had other characteristics that made them attractive like junhui's athleticism and the fact that he was phenomenal at every sport pe would throw at him, mingyu's constant a's in food tech and devotion in cooking and hansol's contribution in helping younger years learn english and helping them every monday lunch. from all these descriptions, these six boys don't seem that bad. besides the fact that the popularity they have been experiencing since the start of high school has gotten to their heads a bit.

they believe that everyone loves them, teachers and students alike and when they come across people that claim that they don't necessarily find them likeable, they say that they're just jealous. the only one who has their feet nailed to the planet of reality and not floated in up in the atmosphere filled with narcissistic thoughts was jisoo. he maybe popular but he wasn't raised in a way that would make him believe that he was better than anyone else. some found it weird that a guy like him would be friends with people like his friend group but jisoo found that he was the leverage of the group and was the one who would pull them out of their egotistic state of minds.

as of this moment, meaning 7:05 on a tuesday morning, five boys were in seungcheol's convertible on their way to school. seungcheol kept his eyes on the road, taking in the warming sun that left his body feeling over heated due to the thickness of his uniform blazer with soonyoung scrolling through his social media, owning a bored expression. hansol sat, squished and uncomfortable in the middle of junhui and mingyu who were arguing about who should have been better cast as the female protagonist in a drama they were both engrossed in.

seungcheol pulled into the school's parking lot, trying to find a spot that would benefit in getting out of school as quickly as possible. at this point, soonyoung was sick of hearing the argument behind him and was now telling the two boys to shut up which caused junhui to shoot a sassy comment at the younger which then resulted in the three boys to yell at each other.