cockblocked

chapter four

soonhoon + seoksoo

the end of school bell had rung and jihoon thank the lord for that. he was so sick of literature, he was seriously going to throw a chair out the window along with himself. jihoon placed all his things in his backpack and swung it over both his shoulders, holding the straps like an actual 5-year-old. seungkwan caught a glimpse and awed. if it was anyone else than seungkwan, jihoon would have socked them in the face but jihoon found seungkwan to be quiet adorable; he had a soft spot for his new friend.

"how'd you find your first day?" jihoon asked while the pair walked out of the classroom. seungkwan shrugged.

"it was okay, just like any other school i suppose. i'm just glad that i had someone to help me instead of making friends on my own"

jihoon smiled gently at that, grateful for seungkwan's words. he had never had such a true friend before and found that he rarely sat with people during lunch, usually deciding to disappear in the music room with his older brother, yoongi to compose music together. speaking of yoongi, jihoon had just gotten a text message from his hyung moments after.

[hyung]
jihoon, come to the basketball courts and wait for me. i have an extended practice today, sorry

[me]
it's okay, i'll be there soon

"are you gonna be okay on the bus by yourself? i've gotta meet up with my brother" jihoon said, glancing up at seungkwan as he shoved his phone back into his blazer pocket. seungkwan nodded strongly.

"yeah, i'll be fine. see you tomorrow, jihoon"

"later"

jihoon watched for a while as seungkwan melded into the crowd of eagerly leaving students before racing back the other way towards the gym. already, jihoon could hear the sound of squeaking sneakers and loud thuds on the sleek, wood floors from the constant bouncing of the basketball.

jihoon awkwardly peaked his head into the gym, feeling a little out of place since the area was filled with athletes and a few cheerleaders. was he going to get stared at for being a quiet little nerd, sitting like an introvert on the bleachers? probably. so, that's why jihoon went to shove both earphones in his ear, deciding to tune out any comment or remark made by other students about him.

jihoon found a spot on the bleachers, a few rows up from the ground and decided to just continue with the composition he and yoongi were currently working on. they both had been enthralled by music since their young age as their parents had enrolled them in music classes. yoongi usually stuck with playing the piano, deciding to master that along with creating passionate and deep raps that matched perfectly with jihoon's heart clenching melodies and lyrics.

the two were compatible with their music styles and found that they could contribute to creating music, splitting their responsibility 50/50. the brothers were compassionate about their musical hobbies, already thinking about their futures in majoring in music once they both graduate. everything just pieced itself together so finely.

jihoon grabbed his little leather-bound notebook out of his bag that his father had gotten him for his birthday the year prior, which carried all his ideas and lyrics that would spontaneously pop into his head. he carefully unfolded the manuscript paper from the back of the book and took off where he had finished last. jihoon softly hummed the melody, finding it easy to create a new section with the mental sound of the piano filling his head. he was incredibly engrossed in his work.

-

"let's take a break guys, you worked well today" the captain of the team, yoongi said with a pant. soonyoung nodded and swallowed, trying to moisten up his dry throat until he would get his hands on a water bottle. he gulped down the whole bottle in less than 5 seconds. his teammates chuckled at him because of it.