later thotties

chapter three

junhao + jeongcheol

the day had been so very going slowly, minghao noted. he felt as if the lesson had been going on for 12 hours per subject and he was so sick of today. actually, minghao was deathly tired of this whole week and it was only tuesday. minghao sat back into his seat and searched around the classroom, making contact with the tediously ticking clock placed perfectly centred with the teacher's desk. 5 minutes. 5 minutes and minghao was able to go home and be the lazy ass he really was.

at times, he hated being at the top of his class. sure, minghao was smart and he studied but that didn't mean he liked it. his parents didn't really force him but minghao just liked to be a little better than the majority. because you know, he's a little bit of a bitch and wants to rub it in people's face.

"if you haven't finished, this will be done for homework for the next lesson" the teacher spoke, cutting through the obedient silence. minghao looked around and saw that everyone was practically done with the work anyway. minghao just laughed because that order was completely unnecessary.

minghao then let out a breath of complete happiness when the bell rang. he packed up his things and swung his bag over his shoulder, twirling a pen between his fingers as he walked up to the front row of the class.

"thanks for the pen, won" minghao smiled brightly, handing wonwoo back the black pen he borrowed since he had forgotten to pack his pencil case after studying the night before. the older glanced up and grinned back.

"no problem"

minghao then took this moment to be the first student to exit the classroom. he needed to get the hell out of this vicinity.

-

minghao walked down the familiar streets he had grown to know, breathing in the calming breeze that made it possible to walk through the blazing sun. he had his school blazer hugging his upper body which was making him sweat beyond anything. minghao ruffled his hair, pushing his bangs away from his forehead as his eyes came across a large moving truck outside the neighbouring house to his. he hummed in surprise but thought nothing of it. the previous owners weren't minghao's favourite as they used to yell at him for playing outside when he was younger, claiming that he was being too loud. minghao had been wondering when someone would move in. it had been months almost.

minghao hastily entered his home, finding that he felt so much more relaxed and calm just by standing on the hardened wood flooring. minghao loved his house so much actually. it was his safe space where he could isolate himself from everyone he was pissed off at. minghao correlated this house with comfort because he had moved from china 6 years ago and was too shy in the new environment to really go outside. minghao would constantly be cooped in this house, reading and keeping to himself. minghao liked that feeling of being by himself.

"hao, are you home?" minghao's mother called from the kitchen. minghao yelled back to say that he was before crashing onto the couch. the fan was on full blast along with the air conditioning that chilled the rest of the house.

minghao's mother came into the living room with a glass of cool, homemade lemonade in her hands and set it on the table or her son. minghao graciously took the drink and kissed his mother's cheek as a form of thanks. he loved her lemonade, especially on hot days like this. minghao almost drank all the sugary liquid in one gulp; as if it was water.

"cool down and change out of your sweaty uniform. we're helping the neighbours move in" minghao's mother said. "hurry up, your father's already out there"