|42| Misjudged and Misunderstood.

Things were slowly becoming normal. Anishka and Ritika started talking like before again. Things were going fine except for one thing. That thing was- Anishka's relationship with Virag. Their relationship was back to square one. All the improvement that their relationship had made in the past few months became meaningless.

Anishka has stopped talking to Virag. Unless it is about something very necessary, she doesn't talk to him. Virag is leaving no stone unturned to make her talk to him.

Once Virag had tried to plan out a dinner date with her, but she straight away rejected his proposal. Again, when he had asked her to go alongwith him to watch him play against Australia in the match held in Delhi, she made some excuse and sent Ritika with him. However, none of her rejections could demoralize Virag. He will get Anishka's forgiveness somehow.

It was a weekend today. The three of them- Virag, Anishka and Ritika- were at home. It's been a month since Virag's mother went to stay with Viraj and Shilpa.

As Virag's mother couldn't be with her elder son Viraj for many years because of the misunderstandings and fights between her two sons, she was trying to make it up for her absence in their life now. Virag  and Anishka didn't mind about it either as they knew that she had every right to stay with her two sons be it, Virag or Viraj.

At home, while Anishka and Ritika were busy talking about what there were going to wear in Diwali, Virag on the other hand was sitting on the sofa and watched the two of them talk. He didn't participate in their conversation because he knew that the moment he will do so, Anishka will withdraw herself from the conversation. He didn't want her to go all silent again. He didn't mind about being a silent spectator just to make her talk.

Soon their conversation ended. Anishka got up and went to the kitchen to get something for them to eat.

Ritika and Virag were famished. That's why Anishka decided not to make them wait anymore and served them with fruits, cookies and juice for breakfast instead.

On one plate were a few slices of apple, oranges, papaya and two bananas. Anishka knew that papaya was very dangerous for pregnant women. If by any chance, a pregnant women happens  to eat a slice of papaya by mistake, it could prove itself to be fatal for the mother ad well as the baby.

As she served them the breakfast, she put the slices of papaya in a different plate just to make it sure that Ritika shouldn't have it. Even then, she reminded Ritika once again not to have .

Ritika was lost in the movie. She nodded absementmindedly.

Virag had come back after taking a shower when he saw that Anishka was about to eat a piece of papaya. He knew that it is not good to have papaya during pregnancy. That's why he rushed up to her and stopped her before she could eat it.

He threw away the piece of papaya after taking it from her.

"Are you mad? What were you thinking?" Virag scolded Ritika. He wondered if Ritika knew what repercussions did one careless act from her side would have led too.

"Oh shit! I am sorry. " Ritika realised it only then what she was about to do. She was so lost in watching the TV that she didn't notice the fact that instead of a piece of apple, she had picked up a piece of papaya.

Virag was too angry to hear what Ritika was saying. He went to the kitchen and called Anishka to the living room.

Anishka saw Virag's angry face and Ritika's wet eyes. She understood that something was wrong. She thought that maybe Virag might have said something to Ritika out of his anger and because of which Ritika was crying.

"Anishka did you put the fruits here for us to eat?" Virag questioned Anishka.

Anishka nodded. However, she was not able to understand about what connection did she serving the fruits had with Virag being angry.

"What were you thinking Anishka? Did you want to murder the baby? How can you be so careless?" Virag questioned Anishka. 

Anishka was taken aback. She was not able to understand if it was a question or more of an allegation.

Anishka felt hurt at his accusations and left to her room, locking the door. How can he accuse her of trying to kill an innocent baby?

When Virag stared at Anishka's reaction in shock, Ritika said angrily "Why did you do that?"

"You know what she--"

"It was my mistake. She informed me not to eat but I was so lost in the movie that I didn't know what I was doing"

"Why did she put it here when---"

"She must have kept that for you as you like it. I can't believe you just said that to her. How can you?"

"I am so sorry" he said guiltily.

"Yeah, try telling that to her" she said furiously before adding "I'd be surprised if she forgave you this time"

He headed to his room and slowly knocked the door. It was opened a few seconds later and Anishka was about to walk away when he pulled her in "I need to talk to you"

"I don't think there's anything left to talk" she muttered coldly.

"Please let me--"

"I don't want to hear what you say" She murmured bitterly meeting his eyes "You have accused me of lot of things before. But, this is the worst of all"

Having said that, she removed his hand and walked away from the room.

Virag remained still, remembering how painful she looked. He really wished he knew how to apologize her this time.

He was frustrated at the fact Anishka was not talking to him and took it out on her now. Anger is such a bad feeling that makes situation worse; if only he kept it under control in the morning. Adding to that, the fact that she didn't go to watch him play cricket made him furious.

When he went back to the living, he saw Anishka working in the kitchen, chopping vegetables. He switched on TV and put Star Sports where India Vs Bangladesh cricket match re telecast was being aired. Though his eyes were on TV, his mind was on his wife who was very upset at him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard 'Ouch' from kitchen. He quickly ran towards her "What happened?"

Anishka hid her hand behind her and said dully "Nothing"

Virag knew she was lying but didn't know what to do about it. He asked her if everything was ok to which he got a dull reply 'fine'.

He left the room slowly and returned to his position when he saw Anishka walk to their room. Five minutes later, she emerged from it with a bandage on her left hand finger. He realized that she cut it while chopping and felt sad and guilty again.

After dinner, he retired to his room and waited for her to arrive. When she didn't come for a long time, he went to the living to check up on her and found her sleeping on the couch with the TV still on with some romance movie in it.

He carried her to bed before going back to the living to switch off the TV and the lights. He tossed himself onto the bed, scooted close to her and took her hand into his. He kissed her injured finger and held her hand before drifting off to sleep.

Anishka and Virag's is messed up now. Do you think they will come out as stronger after this? What are your views on this?

And did you like the chapter?

Also, there was one more news. I will be updating two chapters today.