Chapter 1

Your P.O.V

I awaken to a crash. Sitting bolt upright in bed, I strain to see if I can hear anything else. “Go back to sleep (y/n), it was just another nightmare,” I mumble to myself and lay back down, grabbing my phone to check the time. I am greeted with a lovely scene from the musical ‘Hamilton’ as my background and the numbers 4:03 blinking at me. Great, I think, I’m never going to get back to sleep now. Just as I almost dose off, I hear another crash and then a voice, “what the fuck is that?” Oh shit, I think as I leap out of my bed as quietly as I can. That voice sounds kind of familiar. I tip toe out of the door and into the living room where I heard the crash. I’m fairly strong so I wasn’t too worried about this person overpowering me… but if they were armed that would be a whole other story.

As I survey the living room, I see a figure crouched by the sofa. Why do things always have to happen to me? I say to myself and flick the lights on. “Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house?” I demand with as much authority I could muster. The person cries out in surprise and stands up. That’s when I get a good look at him. Slightly short stature, brown hair tied back in a ponytail, weird outdated clothes, similarities to Lin Manuel Miranda. Heh, kinda looks like Alexander Hamilton, I muse to myself. He straightens up, “my name is Alexander Hamilton. Would you like to tell me where I am?”

The name brings a smile to my face, then I laugh slightly, “I’m sorry I don’t think I heard you right. Did you say your name was Alexander Hamilton. As in the Alexander Hamilton?”

“Yes that is exactly what I meant. My name is Alexander Hamilton. Where the hell am I?” he asks, looking around my living room.

“You are in my house and I would actually like to know how you got here,” I reply.

“I… I don’t know. The last thing I remember is my duel with Burr… getting shot... and then the lights faded. Oh God am I dead?!” he starts pacing frantically, “I mean I don’t feel dead but I don’t know what death feels like!”

“Woah woah woah calm down dude,” I say, my voice becoming lower than the forceful tone I was using before, “you aren’t dead… well anymore. You’re in the 21st century,” I explain as carefully as I can.

“The 21st century?!” he exclaims, “how? Why? What?”

“I don’t know. But its 4 in the morning so please be quiet. I don’t want my neighbours hearing you shout,” I mumble the last bit and glance out of the window, looks fine so far. “Anyway,” I say and walk over to his side, “as long as you aren’t gonna kill me, you can stay.” As I finish my sentence I hear another thump, this time from inside my broom cupboard in the hall way. “Stay here,” I order and point to the couch, Alexander sits and I go off to investigate the new sound.

How the fuck is Alexander Hamilton… the Alexander Hamilton in my house?! This isn’t scientifically possible! Calm down (y/n) everything is going to be fine, I calm myself and just like that, I reach the closet. I whip the door open and another man falls out. “Ow…” he mumbles and stands. This one has curly long hair, pulled into a ponytail at the back of his head and he seems to be wearing an old soldiers uniform, like the ones from the American Revolution. I sigh, another one. I grab him by the arm and start to pull him towards where I left Alexander. “And what’s your name?” I ask.

“John,” he replies, “John Laurens.” I stifle another laugh, soon the whole gang will be here.

“Uh, miss,” I hear John ask. I only hum in reply and he takes that as his cue to continue, “where am I?”

“You’re in my house,” I reply smoothly, “also in the 21st century.”

He gives me a look of pure confusion as we finally reach the living room. Alexander looks up and sees John, tears filling his eyes. “John?” he whispers, as if he can’t believe it. Laurens nods and Alexander quickly stands and hugs the man next to me. Oh that’s right, I remember, the Laurens Interlude. He died in battle.