Chapter 11

Your P.O.V

About an hour and a half later I pull up at my house. I had dropped off my commissions and the buyers had transferred the money into my account. I then went to Woolworths and picked up all of the junk food we would need for the weekend. I did all of this while jamming out to Hamilton through my headphones. I must admit, it is weird to listen to the soundtrack when the people it’s about are in your living room. I step out of the car and pick up the six shopping bags before kicking the door closed and walking up to my front door. “Shit… how am I going to open it?” I mumble to myself. I am not going to put any of these bags down. I wonder if they’ll answer the door, I think and bang my head on the door a few times to knock. “Owww…” I groan and listen. No one came to get the door. I begin to kick it lightly, “Let me in!”

“(Y/n)? Is that you?” I hear a voice from the other side of the door.

“No, it’s the mailman,” I reply sarcastically, “yes it’s me! Let me into my house!” The door opens and I see Alex standing in the doorway. I walk in and dump the bags onto the floor in the living room. I turn to go back outside and lock my car but am stopped when someone clings to me. “(Y/n) help me! They made me eat peasant food,” King George whines.

“Oh suck it up, you had a sandwich. Which is a lot more that I had when I first started living on my own,” I roll my eyes and walk out the door, George still attached to my arm. I lock my car and go back inside. I am met by the concerned looks of all 11 boys, excluding George. “What did you mean? What did you eat then?” John asks.

“Well, I didn’t have much money. Enough to get something small each 3 days or so. I lived off of fast food because it was cheap,” I explain and walk around the living room tapping my cheek, “we need to set this up. Herc, John, would you two be able to bring out the mattresses and put them on the floor here?” I point to the space in front of the TV. They nod and head off in the direction of the guest room. I slide the coffee table out of the way and grab the bags that I brought in, dumping them on the couch for now. “Lafayette you can get the blankets and pillows from my room and the guest room please,” I say.

“Sure thing mon ami,” he replies and walks off.

“What will the rest of us do?” James inquires.

“Set up everything when it is brought out,” just as I finish my sentence, Hercules and Laurens bring out the first two mattresses. I lay them down and look at the space, “Okay I think we can fit three more.” They nod at me and go back to get the last few. Laf brings out an armful of bedding and I gesture for him to throw it to me. He seems to understand and throws the bundle at me with quite a bit of force. I manage to catch it and grin, this is fun already. Friends are fun. “This needs to be spiced up. Let me hook up some music,” I declare and take my phone from my pocket.

“Play that awesome band!” I hear someone say, probably Charles.

“Hmmm okay!” I reply and connect my phone to the bluetooth speakers, I select Party Poison and hear the familiar sound of the intro. I grin and start dancing along as the drums start up. And by dancing I mean jumping around to the music. “Hey (y/n)! Catch!” I turn and see another bundle coming towards me. I catch it and begin singing along to the song. “Everybody pay attention to me! I got the answer. I got the answer!” I continue dancing and set the bedding on the mattresses.

“Uh, (y/n), what are you doing?” Philip asks.

“I’m having fun!” I laugh and see Charles trying not to dance along. I jump over and grab his hands, leading him over to the middle of the room, “come on! Dance with me!” He hesitates before dancing along, not as wildly as me, but he dances. Conveniently, the chorus starts and I sing along to it, “This ain’t a party! Get off the dance floor!” I help Herc and John fit the last few mattresses in as they’re brought in and make sure there’s at least a pillow for everyone, all while singing along.

Just as we finish setting up, there is a loud clap of thunder. I see Alexander flinch and look at me nervously. I switch the music off and go to the window, the sky is pretty much black with clouds and the rain has just started. I turn back around to see John and Philip comforting Alex and Thomas whisper to James and Burr with a smirk. “Got something you want to share Jefferson?” I stand in front of him with my arms crossed.

“Well deary, I was just saying how it was funny that the almighty Alexander Hamilton is afraid of a little storm,” he drawls, his smirk growing.

“Does making fun of other people for having a fear make your dick feel bigger huh?” I spit out, “knock it off okay Jefferson? Or I’ll lock you outside in that storm.” As I finish my sentence a bright flash of lightning appears, followed by a loud crack of thunder. I turn and walk away from the three and over to Alex, who was now surrounded by Herc and Laf as well as the other two. He looked horrible, he had his eyes squeezed shut and was shaking like a leaf. “Hey Alex, look at me,” I say in a calming voice.

“I-I can’t,” he stutters out.

“Yes you can,” I maneuver through the men comforting him and grab his shoulders, “just look at me. Nowhere else.” He slightly opens one eye and looks at me, but as he does so another rumble of thunder goes off and he whimpers and closes it again. Okay this might work or it could make it worse, I gently begin to walk him out of the room. I mouth ‘trust me’ to Laf, Herc and the very worried Philip and John.

I slowly lead Alex into my bedroom and close the door. From the living room I think I can hear someone shout “shut up!” but I don’t know. I sit Alex on my desk chair and kneel in front of him. “Hey Alex,” I begin, “it’s just me now. You need to trust me. Open your eyes.” He hesitates before slowly opening his eyes, they were red and glossed over with tears. “Hey its okay,” I give him a gentle hug to which he accepts and holds me tightly. “I’m so scared,” he manages to get out.

“It’s okay. You’re allowed to be scared Alex,” I move so that I am now beside him, “look out the window.”

“I can’t…” he mumbles, staring at the floor and flinching into me as another clap of thunder is heard.

“Yes, you can. Your mind is saying you can’t. You have to stop listening to your mind for a second,” I say and he nods, lifting his head to look out the window. The rain was bucketing down and running down the glass. “See? It can’t get inside, look,” I point to the nearby trees that are violently swaying in the wind, “can you feel the wind?” He shakes his head. “That’s because this house is built to withstand weather,” I explain, “most houses in this day and age can do that. I know that it won’t remove your fears. I know about the hurricane.” He goes to interrupt me, his eyes wide but I hold a hand up, “you are a historical figure. Historians looked into your past. Anyways, I was just hoping that it would reassure you that you are safe in here.”

“Thank you (y/n)…” he hugs me again and I return it with a small smile.

“C’mon let’s get out there and have the best weekend ever!” I say cheerfully. Alex gives me a smile and we both stand and go back out into the living room.

(A/N: OKAY SO girls weekend will start next chapter!! I hope you all enjoyed this one! Its not my best I know but I tried. Remember to please vote, comment and share this book! It helps a lot!
-Ash)