Chapter 6

After breakfast I clear all of the plates from the table and bring everything into the kitchen to wash up. “Okay so,” I speak loud enough so that the boys, who were still sitting around the table, could hear me, “I need to get some work done today since I didn’t do anything yesterday. I’ll put one of my favourite TV shows on for you guys to watch while I work.” I hear muffled whispers before a voice that I guess to be Aarons speaks up, “uh… what’s a TV show?”

“It’s… like a movie,” I stop cleaning up to think of the best way to explain it, “it’s like a movie but is able to have more of a plot since there are short episodes that go for about 20 minutes roughly each. Usually they are divided into seasons which usually have around 20 to 25 episodes each… Does that help?”

“Yes I think so, thank you,” the voice is much closer now so I turn to see Aaron standing in the doorway, “why are you doing that yourself?” I look down, I’m literally just doing the dishes.

“Well, this may come as a surprise but I have two hands,” I raise my hands up out of the water, “and a brain. So I think I'm perfectly capable of doing dishes.”

“You just got told Burr!” I hear Lafayette call from the dining room and stifle a laugh with the back of my hand, I think he may have picked that up from me.

Once I finish the dishes I look at the time. 8:54. I walk through into the living room and turn on the TV. I wonder what the weather forecast is, I kinda wanna take the boys to a beach, I think and wait for the current story to end. I hear everyone file in behind me and take their usual seats. I stand behind the couch and lean on the back of it above Alexander. “And now we go to Roxanne for the weather,” the news anchor says and the show transitions to the weather report. I roll my eyes when I look at the ditzy girl that they picked for the weather person. Covered in makeup, barely wearing any clothes. “What is that young girl wearing?” James exclaims. I shrug and continue watching the radar, the actual indication of the forecast. “Looks like it’s going to storm on Saturday,” I say. I see Alex visibly tense. Oh right, I almost smack my forehead for forgetting, the hurricane. I lean down and quietly speak into his ear, just in case he hasn’t told anyone, “it’ll be okay Alex. Houses are much better fortified for storms now. As long as you stay in here you’ll be safe.” He nods slightly and I straighten back up.

“Oooooh! Was young (y/n) flirting with our Alex?” Hercules calls out. I roll my eyes and facepalm.

“No, Hercules. I wasn’t. Now, I’m going to introduce you all to one of my favourite shows. Miraculous Ladybug. It’s a French show,” I look at Laf when I say the last bit and he grins at me.

“Really? People in Australia can view things from France?” he asks excitedly. I just smile and nod, getting Netflix up so I can start the first season. “So do you want to watch it in French, with English subtitles or in English?” I ask and hear several votes for French.

“But not everyone here knows French!” King George complains.

“Well then just read the words down the bottom,” I explain, “if you need me ill be in my art room.”

“Aw (y/n)! Stay with us!” Philip pleads. I look around the room to see everyone looking at me and nodding. I guess I could just get some sketches in today, its still a form of work, I reason and nod back, “fine but I still need to practice, wait here a sec.” I leave and walk into my art room.

After looking around I finally find a sketchbook with a few clean pages and some pencils. I walk back out and hear a cheer through the room, “(y/n) is back!” John calls. This makes me smile and I take my place on the couch. I begin the show and begin to sing along to the opening theme, “Une Ladybug, porte-bonheur, Lady magique et Lady chance! Une Ladybug, Lady du coeur, Être héroïque en cas d'urgence!” I grin at the screen and then look down at the empty page before me.

“Whatcha gonna draw (y/n)?” Laurens asks when I groan in frustration.

“I dunno Johnny. I’ve got no ideas,” I sigh and tap the pencil on my forehead.

“Can you draw me with a turtle?” he requests, his eyes lighting up. I smile at him.

“Sure thing Johnny, now was that in a realistic or a cartoony, cute style?” I ask.

“Cute!” he practically screams.

“Wait… did you call him Johnny?” Alex looks at me, basically glaring. I giggle.

“Don’t worry Alex, I’m not trying to steal him from you. It’s just a nickname,” I say teasingly. His face goes immediately red and I smile innocently at him. “So Johnny, this will probably take about three episodes,” I mumble apologetically. He grins widely and shrugs.

When the episode finishes, I had finished my rough sketch. It was of Laurens sitting cross legged hugging a turtle. I really wanted to put him in a gay pride shirt but I didn’t know if he felt comfortable with it. “Johnny,” I lean over to him and whisper quietly, “can I put you in a gay pride shirt? It’ll just be a rainbow. No one will know.” He reddens considerably and looks at me for a second before nodding, “how did you know?”

“I guessed. I won’t tell, I promise,” I assure him and smile gently. He smiles back and goes back to watching the TV. I start the second episode and go back to drawing.

xXx

Three episodes later I have a finished piece. I left for a short amount of time to get some coloured pencils but I am really happy with the turn out. I hadn’t let anyone see it before I finished. I poke Laurens and he turns and looks at me. I silently turn the drawing towards him and he gasps. Oh gosh he hates it doesn’t he. It sucks I knew it, I think in panic. Just as I finish my thought, I feel strong arms around me. “I love it! Thank you (y/n)!” he all but squeals. I gently hug him back and the quickly pull away. I tear the page out and hand it to him. He excitedly shows Alexander. Alex looks at me and smiles, I smile back. I hear my phone buzz from the other room and see that Kelly had texted me.

Kels💜: ‘Can we Skype soon? I need to talk to you.’

(A/N: Ooooooh whats Kelly gotta saaaaayyyy? XD anyways I hope you guys like this chapter.
ALSO please everyone go and read the lovely Hamilton fics by my friend PapyTheCat they have an amazing writing style.
Remember to Vote, Comment, Share and do all that fun stuff.
~Ash xxx)