Chapter 3

"Good morning, Krystal," said Tabitha with a large smile as I walked into the kitchen

"Good morning, Tabitha," I replied, returning the smile.

"Breakfast will be ready shortly so why don't you sit down and get comfortable; I hope you like pancakes and bacon!"

I nodded. "I don't know a single person who doesn't like that breakfast combo."

She chuckled softly and returned to the oven while I sat down at the table. She seemed to be in a much better mood than she had sounded last night; her and Viktor most likely patched things up. I pulled out my phone and began playing one of my games when I heard another girl's voice. Looking up I saw a beautiful girl my age with bright pink hair and hazel colored eyes.

She looked at me and smiled. "You must be Krystal! We didn't get a chance to meet last night with all the excitement going on! I'm Naomi and I really hope we can be friends; it gets super lonely being the only girl aside from Mom."

I smiled back at her. "I think we could be great friends, Naomi. Thanks a lot for letting me use your things last night, I really appreciate it."

"Don't mention it! Hey, when we go shopping later I could help you pick out some super cute outfits if you want."

"That would be perfect! You and I seem to like the same style."

Tabitha smiled over at us. "I had a feeling you two were going to get along. I only wish you could stay here longer, Krystal."

"Wait!" yelled Naomi. "You mean she's leaving already? She just got here, Mom!"

"Your father thinks it would be better for her to go with Ashton up to the house in Bar Harbor for a while until things with her mother and that man cool off."

Naomi smirked. "Ashton huh? Well I guess we all know what that means!"

"What do you know this time, Naomi?" asked Ashton as he walked into the room.

Her smirk went from playful to devilish. "I hear you're going with Krystal to Bar Harbor, Ash."

He shrugged. "Yeah for her own protection and to get away from Veronica. What's it to you anyway?"

"Are you sure it isn't because you have a little crush on her, Ash?"

Ashton stopped in front of the fridge, turning to her with a burning look in his eyes.

"Don't you think it's a little early for you to start this, Nay?"

"You know I hate when you call me by that stupid name!"

Tabitha walked over with a plate of food. "Both of you calm down and eat some breakfast. Ashton, where's your brother? Please don't tell me he left already."

Ashton nodded. "He took of pretty early this time; said he was gonna go hang out with Rodney for the day."

"I wish he would make some new friends; Rodney is a no good little punk who's gonna get him in serious trouble one day."