Chapter 13

"Rory Gilmore...Ace, will you marry me?"

Rory was shocked...honestly, she didn't expect him to ask again for a long time.  Your girlfriend turns you down...it takes a while to rebuild that courage right???  But I did say that I want to marry him...and I do.  But what if this is a mistake...but how could it be a mistake to marry the love of your life??? 

Rory realized she was freaking out internally.  For the last six months, she had wanted to go back and say yes so badly.  She would never get over Logan, nor did she want to.  Marry him?  After you decide to have his baby, doesn't this decision seem so much smaller.  Hell it wasn't even a decision anymore, it had been made the moment she bought the pregnancy test, she knew, baby or not, that she loved Logan and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.  All it took was the possibility of having his child to make her reevaluate.

She snapped out of her thoughts and realized that he was probably nervous with her not answering.  "Will I?  Logan there is nothing I would rather do than spend the rest of my life with you.  Hell yes, I'll marry you!"

He let out a breath that she hadn't realized he was holding, then crashed his lips into hers.  The kiss was hard and intense...it was what they had both been holding in for months.  Not like the sex earlier, but the kiss that would have come after she said yes in May. 

They broke apart, both desperately in need of air, and he put the ring on her shaky fingers.  "I couldn't be happier Ace."

She smiled, "me too."  She grabbed her phone and dialed the number of the person she had to tell first.  After several rings, a groggy voice answered, and Rory put it on speaker.

"Do you realize what time it is?"

Rory looked at Logan and winked, "oh my god Mom, I think the baby is coming!  What do I do???"

"I'm up! I'm on my way!"

"Kidding!"

"RORY GILMORE I BROUGHT YOU INTO THIS WORLD, I CAN TAKE YOU OUT OF IT!"

"That is going to be Rory Huntzberger to you now," she said grinning.

There was silence on the line.  "Mom?"

"Lorelai?" Logan looked at Rory confused.

"So I'm getting a son-in-law huh?"  They heard her sniffle.

"As long as you'll still have me?" Logan asks her.

"Well you're no Pauly Shore," she said with a chuckle, "...I mean you're doubling the size of our immediate family now, but I guess Luke could put another addition on the house," Lorelai said.  They heard Luke grumble in the background.  "See?  He can't wait!  And neither can I.  Congratulations kids.  And Logan...welcome to the family."

"Thank you," they both said at once and then Lorelai hung up. 

"What do you say we wait for the other announcements until morning?"

Logan smiled at her and nodded, "sounds good, besides," he looked at her in that way that made her tingly all over, "we need to celebrate."  He winked and pulled her to him.

Between pregnant and jet-lagged...and celebrating (as Logan put it) all night, they were exhausted.  Rory was pretty sure even her mother would blush at a few of their activities.  She just couldn't believe she had him back, and she was damn well going to appreciate it...appreciate him. 

She rolled over and saw Logan staring at her with a wide smile.

"You have no idea how much I missed waking up with you in my arms," he said, giving her a kiss.