||Short Reunion||

A/N: So after many weeks, I've decided to work on a chapter of this fanfic!~

Sorry for the late update everyone, I've been going through a rough patch in my life. Things are still working themselves out, very slowly, but I will try my best to keep updating.

Thank you to everyone who is actually taking the time to read my story! I really appreciate it, it means a lot to me.

Story time~ o3o

xxx

||Chapter 4||

It's all happening so fast, and it reminds you how out of shape you are.

Aya would not let up, as she made the point to beat up on you. Unleashing a flurry of kicks and punches as if you were a human punching bag. Who knew that not fighting for a while could take a toll on your body; you were much slower, and clumsier. It took a lot of energy to just evade one punch from your friend.

Aya ran at you again, her eyes locked on your body movement as you took up a common defensive stance. You watched carefully, knowing full well she was trying to throw you off; strafing from side to side as she ran, closing the gap between you two. Aya went in with a right hook, and you went to block it immediately. Unfortunately, she quickly spun around and kicked your ribs. If it wasn't for Ten, you'd probably had a fractured rib cage from the intensity of her kick.

You fell flat on your butt, clutching your side as it was painfully throbbing. Aya was just too fast, and she made it a point to rub it in after every hit she managed to get on you. "You're committing way too much into blocking one attack (y/n); someone could easily fake you out and go for the opening you left for them." She grabbed your hand, and helped you up.

She lifted your shirt from where she kicked you and inspected it, tracing two fingers down your side. Your breath hitched as she touched a sensitive spot, it would definitely have a bruise later. "Yeah that's gonna leave a mark," She finally said looking at you, a smirk playing on her lips. "Let's add that to the two-hundred and fifty other bruises you gave me today." You rolled your eyes and forcefully pushed your shirt down.

You walked away from your friend, and sat down on the bleachers after grabbing a water bottle. "Don't get mad at me, you were the one who wanted me to train you; it's not my fault you're out of shape." She sat beside you, opening her water bottle, and took a quick sip of the cold liquid. "Don't remind me," you sighed, and relaxed your shoulders, slouching. You were fatigued, and you wanted nothing more than to be in the sweet embrace of your bed.

These frequent training sessions with Aya last for hours, and sometimes they may last for days; depending on how generous she's feeling during that time. Three months ago, you told Aya that you would resume training yourself.

This was to invoke some sort of training that would help you get stronger, and hopefully feel a bit more confident in your Nen ability. However, it feels more like Aya trying to punish you for making her do all the work; since Aya insisted on training you herself, you've been struggling to move your limbs in a normal human manner.

Your face twisted in fear, as you revisited the first week of your training; Painful, those were extremely painful seven days of your life.