Chapter 7: Rakim

"Earth to Rocky", I heard Simone say as she pinched my arm.

I slowly turned my head over to her, a little aggravated that she'd crashed into my thoughts right as I had figured out a way to make Molly forgive me for cheating on her. Simone was currently dipping all five raspberried fingers in some Nutella all the while humming to the SZA song that was playing.

"What Simone"?

As if she'd just remembered that she'd asked for my attention, Simone looked up and sucked off the raspberry juice from her index finger. "It's your line Hakeem", insisted Simone. I blinked a few times and continued to gaze at her as she continued to be clueless to the fact that I didn't wanna rehearse I wanted to talk. Even tho I'd just met her and really didn't know the first thing about her I could still see that she had many layers. And was a very guarded introvert-the exact opposite of what I was, an extrovert.

I wanted to know her beliefs n dreams n shit, I really don't have anyone to talk about that kinda stuff minus my mom(who's hardly ever around cuz she's always at work but she part of the reason why we're so well of). And Molly but every time I try to get deep with her, I end up getting deep insider her instead. Every single time.

So Simone was my......... ion know if there's a word for what I wanted her to be, but all the same she was mine even if she'd never know.

"Hey Bighead"?

"Hakeem never says that to Vivian".

I rolled my eyes and sat up to look at her better. "Hakeem isn't speaking, Rakim is n he's not talking to Vivian, he's talking to Simone".

She sighed heavily, sucked on her middle finger and said after, "You said Rakim, I thought your name was Rocky".

"Rocky's my taken name, Rakim is my given name bruh bruh", I replied still looking at her, I felt myself get mad at the fact that Simone seemed so unbothered and oblivious to the fact that Pretty Flacko was talking to her. But in a weird kind of way it intrigued me, like I wanted to impress her just to get a different emotion out her rather than the same ones I've seen. She tries to make it seem like she's simple and like there's nothing much to her, but I know otherwise.

"Can I call you by your given name", she asked absentmindedly.

I reached over and dipped my finger in the jar of Nutella, earning a snort from Simone, ion see why not".

A cloud of silence came over us, the only sound was the creaking of the two swing sets in the park. "Rakim we're never gonna get anything done if you don't focus", Simone vised her voice laced with annoyance. Like I said I wasn't trynna rehearse.

"Have you ever been cheated on", I blurted out, ignoring the fact that what I was asking her was really personal.

Simone shook her head, the mass of untamed curls bouncing some, "never been in a relationship" , she replied recycling the same tone of voice.

"Well if I cheated on you would forgive me and take me back", I asked looking into her bottomless brown eyes. I had no idea what I was looking for, but I knew I was looking.

"I'd forgive you but I'd never take you back", Simone answered vaguely, wiping a few strands of hair behind her iced out ear.

"Smart choice I guess. Do me a favor n stay away from niggas like me they ain't no good, they'll never actually care bout you. Only one thing is on they mind n when they get it, they'll leave and it's gonna hurt Simone".

I had no idea why I was telling her this, maybe because I'd hurt so many females n shit and I was finally getting a heart or whatever. But Simone was different-special even, she was naive and could easily be taken advantage of, not just cuz she's beautiful either.

"Thanks for the warning Rakim, you were almost too late".

~•~•~•~

Y'all gonna hate Rocky pretty soon👀