Part 2

Six people in the car and not one was making a sound

Six people in the car and not one was making a sound. That was new. Jackson and Mia would usually be fighting. Hannah and Josh would usually be making out. She would usually be talking and laughing with her boyfriend Seth.

After this disastrous night that wasn't the case. Seth always drove because he didn't drink. Neither of them did. Until tonight. As soon as she'd walked in on him kissing another girl, Paisley decided it was a good time to start.

It hadn't taken long for her to lose her mind. Only Jackson saved her from the mistake of making out with a stranger.

Her and Seth had been dating for over six months, crushing on each other of over a year, and there he was kissing someone else.

Paisley eyed the back of his head. She thought she knew him. He was kind and gentle. Hard working and soft-spoken. How did this happen?

Hannah was sitting next to her and took her hand.

No one knew what to say. They were all friends, and no one wanted to take sides. Like her, they'd never seen this coming.

Truth was, she wasn't even sad. Just confused. She needed an explanation.

"Guys, I think the guy behind us is drunk. He's all over the place."

They all turned to look out the back window.

Jackson wasn't lying. The car behind them was going from one side of the road to the other.

"I'm not surprised. This was supposed to be an epic party."

Paisley could hear the regret in Mia's voice and didn't blame her. They had driven two hours to go to this college party only to leave after an hour.

"He's coming up fast. Just pull over and let him pass." Josh suggested.

Seth leaned forward. "There's a driveway. Pull in there."

"Mia, take a picture of his license plate. We'll call it in. He might hurt someone."

"You want a picture you take it, Hannah. I just want to go home."

Once they were off the road, Jackson took a minute to look back at her.

He'd just went through a bad breakup so he....

"What ____?"

Josh's words were cut off the same instant her head hit the window beside her. She heard chaos around her but it all seemed from a distance.

"What happened?"

"That ass_____."

This time something hitting the car was so severe that the sound of metal crushing overshadowed the screams around her.

Pain woke her. Her head. Reaching up, she tried to stop whatever had ahold of her hair. Realizing she was being dragged, she finally opened her eyes.

The car laid upside down in a ditch. Lights blinking.

Looking up, she saw someone pulling her away from her friends.

"Help them."

As soon as the man looked down at her, she knew he wasn't helping any of them. He was evil. It radiated off him like a stink no one else would have been able to pick up on. His soul was as black as the surrounding night. She screamed.