Prologue

I sat quietly observing my peaceful surroundings; the way the sun cast shadows through the trees; the delicate bird song that filled the air; the ducks swimming across the still water of the pond. I was alone here: the way I liked it best. The Orange light of dusk glinted through the trees and the cold biting air surrounded me. A harsh gust of wind dislodged a few leaves and made the trees shiver.

Contently, I sighed admiring the forrest around me, wishing I could stay here forever. A squirrel scurried up a near by tree but it was the soft crunch of fallen leaves that caught my attention. I snapped out of my daydream and quickly refocused my eyes ahead of me. My heart rate increased as the foreign sounds moved closer. I had never seen another person here, not ever.

A few agonising seconds later a tall, slightly chubby figure came into view. He had shoulder length greasy black hair, mesmerising hazel eyes and deathly pale skin. He wore tight black skinny jeans and a long sleeved black button up shirt with a red tie. Our eyes locked and a small smile spread across his face, his black ringed eyes filled with hope, but my face just showed confusion.

"Frankie?" The stranger asked.

"How do you know my name?" I returned perplexed

At this all the previous hope and happiness his face held morphed into a combination of sadness and confusion. He just stared back at me for a minute, obviously shocked at my response before answering.

"It's me. I came back," a sad note to his voice.

"But who are you and how do you know me?" I responded getting frustrated and even more bewildered.

"Do you really not remember me?" The stranger asked getting upset but still not answering my question. I didn't need to respond however, as my blank face said it all.

"It's me. It's Gerard. Please say you remember me," he frantically pleaded.

"Sorry, no. I've never seen you before."

"They always said this was a possibility but I never believed them," he muttered to himself, holding back tears.

"Who said what? Can you please tell me who you are," I demanded.

"Wait, so you really don't remember anything?"

"No! Now answer my question will you."

"Ok, ok calm down. My name is Gerard Way and I'm 20 years old. We met in high school and were best friends until-" Gerard stopped abruptly.

"Until what?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter now. What matters is that you remember me. You promised me Frank and you never break a promise," he responded, almost desperately at the end. Like he was willing me to remember.

(A/N) So this is the rewritten version of I Will Remember. Not sure when the first proper chapter will be up, I have some written already but I kinda want this to have slower updates so it still gives me time to write.