Two - They Know

(A/N) Trigger warnings for bullying, homophobia and physical abuse

Gerard's POV

As it turned out both Ray and the boy were in my history class. Unfortunately, we had assigned seats so I wasn't sat with either of them. Ray was somewhere near the back and I was right at the front next to some kid named Will Gould. He had silky shoulder length black hair and green eyes. Throughout the lesson he didn't seem to be paying much attention. Instead he was drawing a picture of a skeleton wearing a black and purple hood holding onto a purple scythe. The picture formed a sort of heart shape with a moon in the corner.

"That looks really good," I whispered.

"Thanks, I call it The Callous Heart," Will replied and I noticed he had a British accent.

"Gerard, Will stop talking and pay attention now!" Mr Armstrong barked.

A few people snickered from the back; I paid no attention to them and tried to ignore the anxiety crawling through my body. The rest of the lesson passed slowly, neither me nor Will talking to each other again. Finally the mind numbing lesson ended and I felt like I left with less brain cells than I entered with. My anxiety was still bubbling away so I left quickly, not even waiting for Ray. Quickly, I paced down the corridor looking for the toilets, so I could hide in them until lunch was over. That would hopefully make my anxiety go away for now.

TW:

However, my plans were interrupted when I got shoved into a wall. Someone then spun me around so I was facing them. They grabbed my shirt so I couldn't move. My heart pounded as I was face to face with four tall, muscular lads who looked about 17. The one holding me grinned to his mates before turning back to me.

"Look what we have here. Why so eager to go faggot? Off to fuck your boyfriend?" He sneered.

"I-I'm not gay,"I stuttered nervously

"Oh but you are. We've heard things about you and what you did to our friend."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't even know who you are," I gulped.

"I'm Zack and they are Rian, Jack and Alex. We know who you are and we know you knew Bert," Zack said menacingly.

Shit. How do they know that. They can't know. I moved here to get away from all of that, not for it to follow me in the form of four bullies. Well there goes the new start. It seems demons can't be killed so easily.

"Whatever you've heard it's not true. I didn't-"

WHACK. Zack cut me off with a swift punch to my right eye. Then another. And another to my nose this time, making it gush with blood.

"LIES!" He shouted before dropping me to the floor and kicking me a few times. Next Zack pulled my face off the ground and whispered in my ear.

"This is a warning fag and don't forget we know. Watch your step," with one final kick to my stomach him and his mates sauntered off like nothing had ever happened.

TW end.

No one noticed or cared as I picked myself off the ground and hobbled to the nearest toilets. This was just what I fucking needed. Beat up on the first day and oh god. They know Bert. They'll know everything. Shit Bert will have twisted everything in his favour. Oh God they know. What am I gonna do? I started hyperventilating; my anxiety boiling into a panic attack. I locked myself in a stall and tried to calm down. They're gone now. Everything's fine. Except it's not because they know. Tears begin to form in the sides of my eyes but I won't let them fall. Not here. Not now.

After 15 minutes of being on the verge of a panic attack I started to calm down. Calm enough to sort out my bloody nose at least. I unlocked the door and began to clean my face. An ugly bruise already beginning to form around my eye. I didn't even want to see what they had done to my stomach. Luckily, I had prepared for this and brought concealer with me. I put some around my eye flinching at the pain. There, you could hardly see the bruise anymore.

I spent the rest of lunch in the toilets by myself, not even texting Mikey to tell him where I was or what happened. I can't tell him. We moved away to get away from this and it will only worry him if he finds out someone knows. He doesn't need that. I can handle it on my own anyway. After all, I am the older brother.

Fortunately, no one came in here so I was alone, which helped me calm down more before music. I knew Ray took music so I needed to act like nothing was wrong. I don't trust him enough yet to tell him something like this. Maybe I never would. The lunch hour passed way too quickly for my liking and the harsh bell rang, shattering my thoughts. I took a few deep breaths before I opened the door to face the world again.

(A/N) Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry for the slow updates.