Chapter 17: Life

'Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.'
- Carol Burnett

NORA'S P.O.V:

Do you ever wake up in the morning and stare at the wall in front of you and think about what you are doing with your life?
Then you realise that you're not doing anything meaningful in your life and all of a sudden this new piece of information spoils your mood.
Currently, I'm in that situation. It's six in the morning and I'm just sitting on my bed and staring at the wall ahead for the past five minutes. Many thoughts are swirling through my mind but I cannot point a finger on a single one. I'm still in that daze when you don't realize where you are after you wake up from your slumber.

After making some effort of clearing up my thoughts and concentrating on what I'm going to do today, all the memories of yesterday came back flashing through my mind. How I fought with that fellow and how Logan just barged into my room and found out about my identity.

Logan.

That JERK. He is nothing but trouble. Yet I became friends with him. I don't know what got into me but something about him just made me feel calm and peaceful. Maybe it's his eyes that held me captive. Those electrifying blue orbs with each freckle looking as if a current is passing through them. How they remind me of someone very special to me.

Or it can be his goofy smile that spreads across his entire face and lights up the spark in his eyes even more than there's there. The little dimples that appear on his cheeks when he gives his signature smirk. That annoying smirk that he gives me when he thinks that he is better that me. Or it can be that ....

Wait stop!

Stop thinking about that doofus Nora. Get a hold on yourself.

I sighed when I realized that my mind drifted to somewhere else instead of the main problem. Logan knows about my identity now and I really don't know what will happen next. I have been successful in hiding my identity for the past two years. No one ever got a hint of my activities and now all of a sudden a new boy comes in town and just finds out about it. I feel like punching him now.

Though he promised uncle Tom that he won't open his mouth, you're never too sure. Today I will talk to him myself and make things clear between us.

Glancing at the clock, I realized that it's too early and there is a lot of time for school to start. I changed into my gym clothes and started my training for today.

After completing my heavy workout, I started preparing to go to school. I took a bath and got ready. I don't really stand in front of my closet and think for hours about what I'm going to wear today. I have good collection of clothes and dresses but my hoodies are my favourite. They are really comfortable and warm and cozy. The climate is quite chilly out here so it makes me want to wear them even more.

I picked out an oversized blue hoodie and black leggings along with black shoes. I tied my hair in a high ponytail.

 I tied my hair in a high ponytail

I don't do make up. I don't dress to impress others. The mere thought of having that sticky foundation and fake lashes that will make it difficult to even keep my eyelids open for more than a second makes me want to gag. On top of it all, I don't have a mirror in my apartment. I rarely look at myself in the mirror. I see myself sometimes when I'm in the school's washroom. But that's it. I don't like to look at myself in the mirror. It just haunts me. I shake my head when the memories of the past try to resurface. Now is not the time to think about the past.

I grabbed my bike keys and my belongings before leaving my apartment and locking my door. Instead of taking the lift, I prefer using the stairs. I live on the 5th floor of my building. There are three apartments on each floor. An old couple lives on my right while a young divorcee woman lives on my left with her six year old son. I don't really know them since I moved in here two years ago and I'm not home most of the time.

I used to live in Beaufort city, South Carolina before shifting to California. I loved it out there. My whole childhood was spent in Beaufort. But now, I can't even think of going back to that place. That place took away my everything. Thinking about that place doesn't make me want to cry anymore. I feel like I've lost the ability to cry. It just makes me more angry. I can actually imagine smoke coming out of my ears when I think about that place. I hate that place. I hate those people. I hate everyone. My fists were clenched tightly and my bike keys were digging inside my palms but the pain was nothing compared to the pain that I felt.

Only when blood started oozing out from my palms is when I realized that I was lost in my thoughts. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm down my nerves. I tied my handkerchief around my palm to stop the bleeding. Making my way towards my bike, I climbed on it, put on my helmet and started the engine. The roaring sound that it made made me calm down a bit. I started riding and the cool air hit my face making me completely forget about my past.

I reached school within five minutes. I parked my bike behind the school building where no one could see me. No one in this school knew that I ride a bike. I don't want unnecessary attention towards me. I'm already known in this school as the scary angry nerd, all thanks to Logan's friends.

When I entered the school building, everything was the same. No one came running to me to hug me and tell me about what happened in their lives yesterday, or come to me and say hi to me and ask about my whereabouts. That's because I don't have friends. I never had friends. Not in my hometown too. I always stayed in my room reading books and studying my ass off and when I shifted here, I concentrated on my training. But I like it this way. Less people. Less bullshit.

When I was new in this school, people made an attempt to talk to me, but I just shoved them away. I was way too devastated to make any friends. Eventually people gave up and I became the anti social geek.

When Logan first came to talk to me, I was surprised as someone was even trying to make a conversation with me. But then I realised that he was new and didn't know about my status in this school. I wanted to get rid of him. But then he helped me get out of detention. So I thought why not give him a chance.

Thinking about him made me remember that I needed to talk to him about yesterday. I'll have to look for him near the lockers. On my way there, I bumped into someone. It was a boy who I didn't recognize. He may be a junior. The contact didn't have any impact on me but the boy stumbled a few steps back. He scowled at me and said, "Watch where you're going!"

Those words instantly pissed me off and I grabbed him by his collar and raised him up to my level. Being tall had it's perks.

I gritted my teeth and in a low and deadly voice, said, "Watch whom you're talking to before opening that shitty mouth of yours. I wouldn't hesitate to shut it."

He squirmed under my glare and looked like he would pee in his pants right at that moment. I smirked knowing that I had this effect on him. He struggled under my grip and I released him making him fall on the ground with a loud thud. He muttered something under his breath and quickly got up and ran away in the opposite direction. Some people had gathered around me. I looked at them and said, "The show's over. You'll can go now."

The bell rang signalling the start of the first period.

Shit!

I'll be late to class again. The next thing I want is to be in detention. I quickly grabbed my books from my locker and rushed towards my first class. I'll find Logan later.
Maybe I'll meet him during lunch. I hope I find him soon.

_______________________________

Hey guys!!

Did you all like Nora's P.O.V?
What do you think about her personality?

Do you all want me to write more of Nora's p.o.v or you'll want me to continue with Logan's p.o.v?

I'm really confused and your opinions might make it easier for me.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.
Don't forget to comment and vote please!😊