Chapter 37: Past

'Let go of the past but remember the lessons it taught you.' - Chiara Gizzi

LOGAN'S PO.V:

"My sister's name was Cara."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise at the sudden revelation.

"We looked identical. The only difference between us was the color of our eyes. While I have hazel eyes, she had electric blue eyes, just like yours." she said the last part and looked at me in the eye. Her eyes were welled up with tears and she looked like she was about to have another break down.

"You don't have to tell me anything right now Nora. I understand you're in pain. This can wait."

She shook her head, "No! I want you to know what happened. Why am I like this and why I want to win that championship so desperately. I want you to know what you're getting yourself into."

"Okay but we don't have to do this here, you hungry? Maybe we could grab some dinner and talk over it?" I asked.

"That sounds good."

"What do you wanna eat? Cheeseburgers?"

Nora chuckled, "Cheeseburgers."

We grabbed take out from a local diner and went to a park nearby. Sitting on a bench, we ate our dinner in silence, with the occasional sounds of Nora slurping on her milkshake.

"So all this time you had a twin sister and you never once told me about it?" I asked.

"I wanted to tell you. But I wasn't ready to answer all the questions that would have followed."

"So now you're ready?"

"I don't think I'll ever be ready but I realized you have the right to know. I can't keep you in the dark anymore."

Nora took a deep breath and began, "Cara was a Street fighter and a complete tomboy while I was a little different. She was outgoing while I was an introvert. She wore leather jackets and rode bikes while I stayed in my PJs and read novels. We were so different but yet so similar. Our mutual love for cheeseburgers and Tom Cruise went beyond anything."

I chuckled.

"She started fighting at the age of twelve. Uncle Tom would train her and with time she came to be known as the best underground street fighter in Beaufort. She could take the big guys down in a blink of an eye. That's how strong she was. The USFC was coming near and Cara was preparing herself for the championship when Eric Woods decided to show up in our lives. I didn't like him from the start. I liked how Cara and Nathan were the only frie--"

"Wait a minute. Who is Nathan?" I interrupted.

There was a sad smile on her lips at the mention of him. "Nathan was our childhood best friend. The three of us grew up together."

This newfound information didn't really suit me well. I don't know why but it made me a little uncomfortable.

"So as I was saying, Cara and Nathan were the only friends that I had and I was happy with that. The idea of someone else being a part of our group didn't really suit me well and to make matters worse, Cara began to date him. Eric was also supposed to participate in the USFC and they hit it off pretty fast. They used to train together and spend a lot of time with each other. Days flew by and Cara and Eric entered the competition together. Both were strong contenders and match after match they went forward."

"The main problem began when they ended up against each other in the semi finals. The person who won would fight with the previous year's champion. Eric tried to manipulate Cara to back out. He said he didn't want to fight against her and hurt her. But Cara was adamant. She refused to let him control her which made him break up with her. It didn't bother Cara at all because she was more focused on the championship rather than her relationship."