Chapter 18: Friendship

'A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself'
-Frank Crane

NORA'S P.O.V:

"So as y'all can see, if we make a graph of current against time, we will get a straight line. This is the graphical representation of ohm's law. So class, your homework for tod......"

I couldn't concentrate on what Mrs Dennis was blabbering because I was feeling too sleepy. My eyes started to feel heavy and I was on the verge of falling asleep. Maybe waking up at six in the morning was not a good idea after all.
Slowly, my vision started to blur and I was drifting into my wonderland when I heard Mrs Dennis's voice calling someone.

"Flynn!"

Why is she shouting?

"Flynn!" she called again.

Why isn't Flynn answering her? I raised my head a little to look at Flynn Matthew, a weird guy from my class but saw him looking at me. I looked around to see that all eyes including Mrs Dennis's were on me too.

I gave her a confused look and asked, "Are you talking to me Ma'am?"

"Who else's last name is Flynn out here? Ofcourse I'm talking to you!" she sneered.

How am I supposed to know that she is referring to me by my last name instead of a guy whose name is actually 'Flynn'?

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know we were on last name basis Dennis!" I spluttered.

A series of gasps emerged from the class but I just ignored them. I was about to go to my wonderland but she interrupted my beautiful slumber. She had it coming.

"How dare you talk to me like that lady! I'm your teacher. Not your hang out buddy on whom you could just throw insults whenever you feel like." She growled.

I snorted and said, "Who would even want a buddy like you." The whole class erupted in laughter.

Mrs Dennis looked like a volcano that was just about to erupt. I swear I saw smoke coming out of her ears. Her small figure stood in the middle of the class with her palms turned into fists. Her face was matching the bright colour of her red hair.
Her freckles looked like they could pop out of her skin any minute.

Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. She must be a Weasley!

She marched up to me and yelled, "Detention! Out of the class now!" while pointing at the door. I got up from my seat and walked out of the class not before shouting, "Gladly!"

I walked through the school halls to reach the detention room. This isn't the first time I'm getting detention. I'm a regular student here. Due to my heavy work out routine, I get really tired and sometimes tend to dose off in the middle of the class. The principal has given me many warnings but he can't do anything else like calling my parents because they died way back. As for suspending me, he can't because I get the best grades. I may have a heavy schedule due to my training and fights but I still take out some of my time to study. I know it sounds weird but studying has always been my solace. It diverts my mind to other things which I'm really grateful for.

I entered the detention room and occupied my regular spot. There were some other kids who were sitting at the back. The teacher who was in charge today was Mrs Norbury. I gave her a smile and she smiled back.

I remember the day when I bumped into Logan and he went and spoke to Mrs Norbury about not giving me detention. He said that I was her favourite student. I couldn't believe it at first but when I spoke to her, she clarified my doubts by agreeing with him. She told me that I'm the one who actually pays attention in her classes and gets good grades. I can't help it. Biology has always been my favourite subject. It's way too fascinating to not pay attention.