Chapter 38: Perfect

'Everything that looks too perfect is too perfect to be perfect.'
-Dejan Stojanovic

LOGAN'S P.O.V:

".....I need your help Logan. I need your help to get in that competition." Nora stated.

Her eyes showed determination that she would go to any lengths to bring Eric down. He killed her sister for God's sake.

I am still in a frenzy after what I heard. Who knew there was a broken girl behind that tough exterior? A girl who has got so much to hide but nothing to lose. I cannot even imagine having to go through so much at such a young age. The news of my father's death had taken such a toll on me. But this girl sitting next to me is so strong, she lost her entire family yet she is here, living with that fact that they are never going to come back.

I placed my hands on hers and squeezed it gently.

"I'll help you Nora. I won't say I can understand how you feel because I don't but I know how it feels to lose someone close to you. And if me participating in this competition helps you in any way, I am more than willing to do it."

She smiled softly and placed her hand on top of mine. Her expression turned from being grateful to confused suddenly. Her grip on my hand loosened and I looked at her warily.

"Why?" she asked.

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to help me? Why do you want to risk your life for me?"

"Nora I -" I began to speak but she cut me off.

"I have been nothing but rude to you and even now I'm asking you to help for my benefit. God I am so selfish." she placed both her hands on her face and let out a groan.

"Isn't it obvious Nora?"

"What?"

"I'm doing it because I like you." There! I said it.

Her eyes widened and her cheeks tinged red. She looked so cute at that moment.

"You like me?" she whispered.

"Yes Nora. I like you. A lot."

"Oh. I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know how I feel about you."

Silence surrounded us and we both looked here and there. Nora let out a long sigh which made me ask, "What?"

"Nothing." she replied.

"Is there something bothering you?"

"No it's just, I wasn't expecting tonight to turn out this way."

I raised an eyebrow, "How did you expect it to turn out?"

She looked down and shook her head.

"Come on Nora, tell me."

"I thought we'll dance and eat lots of food together."

I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

"Just the expression I was expecting."

I thought about it for a moment then asked, "We already ate together. Let's dance then?"

"Here?"

"Why not. Nobody is here and we have all the time in the world."

I got up from my place and stretched my hand towards Nora.

"Come on."

She looked at my hand then looked at me.

"There's no music."

"Just take my hand Nora. Everything else is settled."

She finally placed her hands in mine and it felt so good. I tightened my grip and pulled her up. We walked towards the center of the park and faced each other. I took out my phone and headphones from my pocket. Plugging it in my phone, I placed one bud in my ear and one in Nora's.

I played the song 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran because it felt perfect in the moment. The song started playing slowly.

I placed my hands on Nora's waist while she wrapped her arms around my neck. We both swayed along with the rythm on the song while looking into each other's eyes. In that moment everything felt perfect.

We danced to a few more songs. Nora placed her head on my chest and whispered, "Logan?"

"Hmm?"

"I think I kind of like you too."

_____________

Sorry for the late update and a small chapter. I've been quite busy.

Anyway did you all like the #Lora moment?

Do let me know in the comments and don't forget to tap the golden star below 🌟.