A Mother and Her Son Chapter Five (Relapse)

She went to jail. She saw Grijs everyday from a distance. She felt sick. She never got to tell the woman how much she meant to her. F*ck. the pale woman walked past the cell, her hair tied up in a messy bun, which just kept getting messier each day... she looked like shit.
"M-Miss Hein!" Lenn rasped cautiously reaching out to the woman, who shot a sharp glare. "A-Ah." She mumbled looking to her side. "N-Nevermind."
--
Lenn knocked softly on the door of the worn down home. It looked so neglected. The flowers she'd plant every fall, dead. Shrivelled up.
It was a Monday, it was dreary and cold. "Grijs... I-I know you're in there." Lenn mumbled, her breath turning into steam.
She was right, the woman was on the other side of the door, a bottle of alcohol in hand. She stared straight in front of her. Tears running down her pale cheeks. "G-Go away." She cried.
Lenn paused and thought back. "1975..." she muttered and slowly typed that into the keypad. The lock clicked and Lenn slowly opened the door. Lenn looked down at the drunk woman and sighed heavily. She shut the door, and sat in front of her. "Can I hold your hand?" Lenn asked and the woman in front of her just stared at the floor. Lenn carefully held her hands out... seeing Grijs wasn't going to react she grabbed her hands. They were cold. Grijs slowly lifted her eyes to the taller woman.
"I-I'm Sorry." Was all she could muster.