Chapter Six ~

Today was Sunday. Jungkook and the rest of the boys didn't have practice. The seven always took advantage of this and rested up all day, but being a dad, Jungkook always spent it with Eden.

The toddler hadn't woken up yet, so Jungkook went ahead and made himself breakfast. He got the formula ready for Eden and got her a clean diaper and bath stuff out. By the time the little one opened her eyes, it was almost 9AM and Jungkook was just getting finished with his morning shower.

Jungkook walked out the bathroom, his hair dripping wet and only a towel around his waist. He heard a voice saying incoherent words but he didn't look at Eden as he walked over to his dresser. "Is that Eden I hear?"

Eden was standing up in her crib and she watched her father get dressed, his back to her. "Appa!"

"I hear an Eden," he sing-songed as he got dressed.

The toddler giggled and on impulse she grabbed a toy from her crib and threw it on the floor below her.

Jungkook heard the clatter and turned around. He walked over to her and picked up her toy and handed it to her. Eden grabbed but threw it back on the ground, making her dad chuckle. She laughed with him and reached her arms up to him. Jungkook picked her up and hoisted her up into the air. She smiled and cheered before Jungkook brought her closer and kissed her cheek.

"Are you ready for a bath?" Jungkook asked, taking her diaper and a few toys over to the bathroom. He sat her down on the bathroom counter and ran the tap, pulling up the drain. Eden always fussed when Jungkook tried to bathe her in the actual bath, so he bathed her in the sink instead. Jungkook undressed his daughter and made sure the water was a good temperature before placing her in the sink. With a few light hits from Eden as she realized what was happening, he started to bathe her.

Jungkook loved Eden. That was obvious. And he thought he was doing an okay job at being a father, with the exception of not being there for her all the time. But sometimes it got a little difficult. Jungkook had never done the whole parenting thing before so he was like a tourist in a foreign land. He didn't know if he was doing anything right and since no one was there to help him, he had to figure out everything by himself. Sarah didn't have an experience besides being a baby sitter, but Jungkook had actually pushed her limits with giving her a baby instead of a six year old.

Eden began to cry and Jungkook knew that she was getting agitated. He wrapped up her bath and got her out of the sink, wrapping her up tightly in a towel. He dried off her silky dark brown hair and lathered lotion on her skin before putting a diaper on her and setting her on the ground. She wobbled a bit but then she was off, waddling around his room with nothing on but a diaper.

"Come on, Eden. Let's go get some breakfast," Jungkook cooed, walking over to the bedroom door. Eden came stumbling behind him, her hair falling over her face in wet strings. Jungkook waited for Eden to come closer to him before he walked out of the bedroom. He slowed his pace down so that the toddler could keep up with him. Jungkook watched her as she gradually increased her steps to a run. Eden fell and whined a little before rolling over and looking at her dad with an expression of "Are you going to help me or just look at me?"

Jungkook grinned and gently picked up his daughter. He set her back down on the ground and watched her take off again, recalling the memory of her taking her first steps.

***

Sarah was trying to prove to Jungkook that Eden had been trying to walk. She hadn't succeeded at taking her first step yet, but Sarah believed that Eden would today.

Sarah placed Eden on her feet, a foot or two away from Jungkook, but her hands were still around the baby's waist. She looked at Jungkook. "You have to encourage her, okay?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "She's too young to-"

But Jungkook's sentence trailed off as Sarah let go of Eden's waist. Eden wobbled before taking a few quick steps to her dad. Jungkook smiled as he felt her fall into his outstretched arms. Eden giggled as her dad kissed her forehead.

"My baby's growing up, isn't she?"

***

Jungkook watched Eden eat, helping her at times when she needed it. "I've hid you for almost two years, Eden. Think I can do it longer?" She continued to stuff the diced fruits into her mouth, not paying attention to her dad. "I better not jinx it, huh?" Jungkook sat back in the chair as he went to play on his phone.

The doorbell rang but before Jungkook could even get up, the door swung open and Jungkook could only watch as the intruder walked in, eyes wide.

---