Chapter Twelve ~

You asked for it. You got it.

---

The news became littered with Jungkook's face and rumors began to spread. He hated hearing the theories and scenarios that the news and media came up with that weren't true at all, but at the same time he laughed because they were so stupid and dumb.

Jungkook stayed with Eden indoors for a few days. He didn't want to go anywhere and be invaded with cameras. Not to mention, he didn't want Eden to be bombarded with strange people. He wanted her out of the spot light. He didn't need it to influence her. Besides, he had nowhere to go anyways.

Jungkook noticed that it was Wednesday, three days before BTS made their comeback. Usually they would have this day off but he didn't know where any of his friends were. He hadn't heard from any of them since he had left and he started to think if they even cared. Probably not, he thought to himself. You took all their spotlight, right? They wanted you gone for a long time.

Jungkook was glad he got to spend more time with Eden. He watched her and realized how much he missed out on when he wasn't there every day. She began to learn new words and it filled her dad's heart with joy when she squealed with delight when he praised her for doing a good job. She had added "thank you" to her limited vocabulary (even though it came out more as "kank koo"), along with "drink" (which was more like "gink"). She would clap her hands when he told her good job and her small smile made him feel so proud to be her dad.

Jungkook was watching Eden as she played in front of the TV when he heard a knocking at the door. He slung his legs over the side of the couch when he got up and he stopped himself. What if they see Eden? But he brushed the thought away as he quickly remembered that the whole world knew now. He let her continue playing as he made sure he looked presentable. He unlocked the door and opened it and his eyes widened.

"We know you didn't have a traditional baby shower like you should have had," Jimin said. "So we're making it up for you!"

Jungkook felt his face go red when he saw five of his friends holding presents that were different variations of pink. Yoongi was even holding balloons. He noticed Hoseok was nowhere in sight and he internally sighed with relief. "Oh, thank you, guys."

"Don't mention it," Namjoon replied to his friend's shyness. "It's the least we could do."

"We were all supposed to chip in and buy something bigger," Jin started. "But no one listened to me."

"Who does?" Yoongi quipped before getting hit by his hyung.

Jungkook felt something grab his leg and he looked down to see Eden taking in the sights of the guys in front of her.

"OH MY GOSH IS THAT HER?" Jimin gawked.

"I think she's cuter than me," Jin awed.

Jungkook chuckled and motioned to his friends. "Say hi, Eden."

She looked up at her dad with big eyes before moving behind his legs more, nervous in front of the new faces.

"She's just like you," Taehyung noted.

Jungkook picked her up and stepped out of the doorway. "Come in, already. You're letting the cold air in and it'll make her sick."

"You're so much like your mom," Namjoon said as he closed the door behind him since he was the last one in.

"Which one?"

"Jin-hyung," Namjoon answered.

"I wanna hold her!" Jin said, grabbed for Eden. "She's my granddaughter after all!"

"Are your hands clean?" Jungkook asked, stepping back.

"Well duh," Jin responded.

"Are you sick or have any signs of illness?" Jungkook continued to ask.

"Just give me the dang baby," Jin said, taking Eden as Jungkook handed her to him.

Eden looked at her dad as if to say "Why are you giving me to a stranger?" but she quickly grew acquainted to the new touch and warmth. She laid her head on his shoulder, making the male grin. "I want to be a dad!"

"You sure have proof you're a parent," Yoongi smirked as he looked at the mess around him. From the baby guards doors, to the high chair, and then the toys littered around.

"So that's why you had that sippy-cup," Jimin muttered, glaring at Jungkook through squinted eyes.

"Oh, uh, Hoseok wanted to give this to you," Namjoon said awkwardly as he handed Jungkook a beige envelope. Jungkook took it but sat it down on the kitchen table, not caring for it at the moment. "I'll look at it later."

"Hey, is it my turn to hold her?" Taehyung asked.

Jin handed the toddler to the giddy twenty year old with careful hands. Taehyung smiled wide and pinched Eden's cheek. "You're so cute! Just like your dad!"

"Appa?" Eden echoed.

"IT SPOKE," Jimin gushed. "I'm next and if anyone holds her before me now, I swear, I will beat you."

"Chill out," Yoongi groaned. "You know I don't really like children, Jungkook, but she is pretty adorable."

"Thank you, hyung," Jungkook gushed as he watched his friends awe over his daughter. His heart swelled with joy and pride.

"Hi," Eden said as she got passed to Jimin who immediately kissed her forehead.

"Can I take her home with me?" he asked.

Jungkook shook his head. "She's a bit too clingy to leave." Jungkook came over and brushed her hair as she sat in Jimin's arms. His voice went the tone he used when speaking to just her, a "baby voice" as some would call it. "Say, I love my daddy too much to leave him, hm?"

"Can I hold her?" Namjoon asked.

"What if you break her?" Yoongi snipped. "Then Jungkook's precious jewel will be gone."

"Shut up," Namjoon pouted.

"But I want to hold her longer," Jimin whined before reluctantly handing the girl to Namjoon.

"You can come over whenever you like," Jungkook noted. "I'm sure she loves all the attention."

"You're going to be a great dad," Jin told Namjoon, observing the male as he carefully held the tiny human. "How old is she?" he asked, turning to Jungkook.

"A year and a half," Jungkook stated proudly.

"You've hid her for this long?" Taehyung asked, astounded.

Jungkook nodded. "Sarah always took care of her when I was at practice and such."

"Yeah." Yoongi reached out as Eden was passed to him. He casually placed her on his hip as if he had done this before. "Hoseok just kind of... let loose and told us everything. We didn't really believe him of course, but... I don't know. Hoseok hasn't really seemed himself lately."

Jungkook only nodded and the air around them grew thick with silence. That is until Eden pulled on Yoongi's hair.

"No, let's not, okay?" Yoongi moved Eden's hand away and she responded by shoving her fingers in the mouth, obeying.

"I believe it's time we should begin the shower, right?" Taehyung asked, gripping his present for the little girl.

---