Chapter Twenty Seven ~

"You okay?" Jimin asked, rubbing Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook was fuming. It was fine if someone yelled at him, sure. He could deal with it and it was something that happened to everyone. But once you start pulling his daughter into it, he couldn't handle it. His daughter was his everything and if you wanted to get Jungkook to reach his limit, just throw a few insults towards his daughter and you would get your wish. "I'm fine," he sighed, replaying everything that had happened.

After Jungkook told Hoseok that he wasn't a hyung to him anymore, the two didn't stop. They kept poking and prodding at each other until Namjoon pushed Jungkook to dorm's front door. Getting the idea, Jungkook left with Jimin trailing behind him with Eden in his arms.

"You're not fine," Jimin said, seeing through his friend's lie.

"I know." Jungkook ran a hand through his hair. "I just need to calm down, I guess."

"That's okay," Jimin soothed. "I... I'm sorry I didn't try to help you or anything."

"No," Jungkook stopped him. "It's okay. It wouldn't have made anything better, anyways. I don't want you to get into some trouble with Hoseok and give him another excuse to take someone out of Bangtan."

Jimin nodded and told Jungkook that he would give Eden her lunch and play with her some while he cooled down in his room. But Eden seemed to just want to stay with her dad.

"No, honey, stay in here with Jimin, okay?" Jungkook persuaded. "I need to take care of some stuff."

"No!" Eden disagreed. "Appa!"

Jimin grinned. "Maybe she knows the secret to calming you down?"

Jungkook shrugged and took Eden into his arms. She hugged his neck and made herself comfy in her dad's arms. "What are you going to do?" Jungkook asked his friend.

"Taehyung invited me to go eat with him," he answered. "Actually, he invited both of us and Eden but I assume you want to stay home?"

"Yeah," Jungkook replied. "Tell Tae that I appreciate the invite, though."

After Jimin left, Jungkook went off to his room and laid down on his bed to go play on his phone. Eden sat next to him, confused as to what to do. She saw that her dad was being quiet so she felt as though he shouldn't be bothered. I can't get down though, she thought, poking her head over the side of the bed and looking down at the hard floor below her. She looked over at her dad again and crawled over to him before trying to grab his phone.

Jungkook smiled. "A little greedy, aren't we?"

Eden wrestled with her dad's fingers, determined to grab the glowing thing. Jungkook only chuckled and took a hold of her. He laid her down and kissed her nose before tickling her gently, making her squeal with laughter. Without realizing it, Jungkook felt as though his worries were leaving him. His anger was disappearing as he played with his daughter. He loved seeing her small teeth poke out from her pink gums as she smiled. Her eyes glowed with joy and her little giggles were like music to his ears. Jungkook lived to see his daughter happy and would do anything to make her happy and safe.

Eden seemed to make Jungkook forget everything else. He became focused on her and he only thought of her needs. He stopped her from wrestling with him as he tickled her and looked into her deep brown eyes. "Hey, can you say 'Eden?'"

Eden poked out her lips, confused. "Ee-den."

"Ah, there you go!" Jungkook cheered. "How about 'Jeon?'"

"No," Eden responded, making her dad laugh.

"No?"

"No," the small toddler echoed.

Jungkook sighed before clearing his throat making Eden perk up. "Bleth you."

"Thank you, baby," he cooed. "Hey, Eden, I have an idea."

And a good idea at that. Eden had never been to the doctor aside from the time she was born. Jungkook had avoided taking her and Sarah always told him that they wouldn't let her take the toddler since she wasn't related to her in anyway – she was just a babysitter. Another reason he didn't want to take her was due to the fact that he had no clue what Eden's mom had done with the birth certificate. She had never sent him one so Eden was as good as a rumor. But Jungkook decided that maybe it was time to do away with all that and try to get all this taken care of as soon as possible.

Even if there were some surprises awaiting him.

***

"I would like to make an appointment," Jungkook said through the phone as Eden played at his feet.

"Alright, who are you?" the receptionist for the family doctor Jungkook's mom had suggested asked.

Jungkook sighed. "Jeon Jungkook."

The receptionist went on like Jungkook was a regular person. "Who is this appointment for?"

"My daughter," he responded.

"The one that's been all over the news?" she snickered, a hint of a smile over the phone. "What's her name?"

"Eden," he answered.

"Age?"

"Almost two years old."

The receptionist murmured something. "Since you're not already in the computer or anything, we'll have to have you fill out papers here and see her birth certificate."

Jungkook sighed. "About that... I don't have one."

"You don't have one?" the girl repeated.

"My ex gave birth to her and I wasn't there," he explained, feeling embarrassed. "She came over to my place and gave me Eden but no birth certificate or anything."

"So she hasn't been to a doctor at all?" the girl questioned.

"No."

The girl sighed. "Thank goodness you're coming now. I'm sure we can get you set up but you might want to make sure you're free the whole day. I don't know how long any of this will take."

"Yeah, that's fine," Jungkook said and the phone call continued with the two making plans for little Eden to see a doctor and get looked at to make sure she was healthy. "I have a question, though," Jungkook stopped the girl from hanging up when the call was over.

"Yes?"

"This doctor that my daughter is seeing... is he uh, nice?"

"It's a she, and yes, she is. Many parents and kids alike love seeing her. Since she's a family doctor, she'll being seeing Eden all her life so you won't have to worry about switching doctors or anything."

"Is she gentle? Eden's shy around new people."

"Mr. Jeon, don't worry. She'll get Eden all taken care of."

---

Allycat4458 who requested this whole story: Hoseok is my bias.

Me: Don't mind me, just going to throw myself down the stairs. I'll be back... maybe.

Also, I have no clue how birth certificates work and what happens when you don't have one so just bear with me. 

Thanks for 10K reads, too! It means so, so much! I couldn't thank you guys enough! Is there any little bonus thing you might want me to do??