Chapter Thirty Two ~

The group had went back to Jungkook's apartment, where Taehyung waited. He was rather excited for them to be back, since he had a huge amount hope that Eden would be rescued at the shake of a finger. But when he saw the sorrowful expression on the dad, he frowned, stepping out of the way to let Jungkook enter.

"No luck?" Taehyung timidly asked. Jungkook didn't respond but walked to his room. A heavy aura surrounded him as he could only think of negative things that could have happened to his daughter.

"Hoseok, you can come in," Namjoon said, gesturing to the male as he lurked on the porch.

Hoseok looked in the apartment. He knew he wasn't welcome in there. "I'm fine out here, really. I can wait for Jin to get here."

"We all are," Yoongi stated. "But inside. Get your butt in here before I drag you by the ear."

Hoseok anxiously stepped in and Yoongi shut the door behind him as quickly as he to stop Hoseok from changing his mind.

"When are you going to talk to him?" Jimin whispered, trying to keep the conversation's volume low so Jungkook wouldn't be able to overhear.

Hoseok shrugged. "Probably never since I know he's going to kill me once I approach him."

"That's not an option," Jimin told him. "You've got to sometime or else I'm going to tie both of you together and make you work together to get out."

"If you told him why you were acting like such a brat, he might see past it all," Namjoon said. "It's worth a try anyways."

"Can I ask something, though?" Taehyung piped up, raising his hand a bit. The others nodded, allowing Taehyung to continue. "Are you involved with what happened to Eden?"

"Taehyung!" Jimin gasped and the others sighed.

Hoseok shook his head. "No, of course not."

"I just wanted to make sure," Taehyung defended.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was sitting on his bed, starring at the empty crib. It would be her nap time, right about now, Jungkook thought to himself as he eyed the black cell. He imagined his daughter sleeping soundly amongst all her stuffed animals. There was a diaper sitting out on the dresser with a fresh change of clothes. Every morning Jungkook got them out before Eden woke up, or sometimes the night before to give him a head start. "Where could you be?" he mumbled. His mind was clouded over with sadness and worry. Who would've taken her? And why? Surely his parents didn't come and take her. No, that's not even a possibility.

Jungkook reached towards the pillows at the top of his bed. He had thrown his phone there earlier. He picked it up and unlocked before calling his mom.

"Jungkook!" his mom cooed. "I was just about to call, actually!"

"Eomma," Jungkook whined, beginning to cry. Panic started to run through his veins. What would his parents say? Tell him that he was a bad father and son?

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" his mom asked, concerned.

"Eden's gone," Jungkook sobbed. He went over to the bedroom door and shut it fully, as it had been cracked. He locked it, too, just so no one could barge in while he had a private conversation with his mom.

"What do you mean?" his mom wondered.

"I don't know," Jungkook stated as he walked over to his night stand. He grabbed a tissue and wiped his runny nose. "I woke up and I went to her crib and she wasn't there. And I thought maybe Jimin got her up because he normally gets up earlier than I do but when I walked in the living room, he was still asleep and everything was messed up. It looked like a robbery, eomma, and now I'm thinking that it was a kidnapping."

"Just calm down," his mom soothed. "I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this. She couldn't have gone far."

"I'm a terrible dad," Jungkook cried, flopping down face first onto his bed. His body shook with his sobs and his mom tried to comfort him over the phone.

"You are a great dad!" his mom argued. "A terrible dad would just sit back and not be worried about his child's sake. You're okay. Just take a breather or two."

"What if I never find her again?" Jungkook asked. "What am I supposed to do then?"

"Don't think like that," his mom scolded. "You'll find her. You have all the boys looking for her as well, right?"

Jungkook nodded but realized his mom wouldn't be able to see. "Mhm."

"I'm sure they're just as worried as you," his mom continued. "Have you gone to the police?"

"Yeah," Jungkook responded, his voice starting to lower in volume.

"They're looking as well," his mom told him. "I'm sure they are. Just do what you can, Jungkook. Don't stress yourself out. That won't make anything better."

The two talked for a little while until Mrs. Jeon said she had to go. Jungkook didn't want her to hang up at the moment, but he knew she needed to. Once the phone call had ended, he continued to sulk on top of his sheets before he heard a knock at the door. "Who is it?" he called, not wanting to get up.

"Jin," a voice said behind the door. "We need to talk."

"About what?" Jungkook questioned. He didn't even budge from his bed. He didn't want to.

"Just open the door and let me in," Jin demanded. His voice was rigid, telling Jungkook that if he didn't open the door, Jin was going to get it open himself.

Jungkook obeyed his hyung and trudged over to the door. He unlocked it and swung it open. Jin had his arms crossed and a look of frustration was spread across his face. "Sit down and don't say anything until I'm done. You need to realize some things."

---

it scares me that this book is almost done

would you guys like me to publish the remaining chapters this week or spread it out amongst a few weeks?