7. The Night (3/4)

Between the different ways that I've ever imagined how Annie would finally meet me, this way was completely unexpected. 

I smiled at her. The needing feeling of touching her flamed through my veins once more, replacing the panicked and angry feeling.

I tilted my head in confusion when she didn't only smile back, but her eyes widen in what looked like fear...
Maybe I am seeing wrong because of the rain? Or maybe she's just surprised I am here?

Oh, I got it now! She doesn't know who I am. She doesn't know that I admire her and will protect her. She's probably scared it's a stranger who might hurt her.

That has to be it.

You don't need to be scared of anything, angel. We haven't started your taming yet, so the punishments are lighter than the right punishments.

My smile separated into a grin, by just looking at my scared little Annie. But once again was flattered and I sighed when I saw her cover her mouth before stepping back from the window and running deeper into the house.

Now the first impression is done and Annie has seen me, I can knock the door down. The option of knocking on the door already is crossed by the look on Annie's face. Now she's probably trying to hide or call the police.

Annie... I would just pry you didn't call the cops... That's punishment could never become lighter nor taken lightly.

 So, I ran to the door. Pushing all my weight on it over and over again until the door and opened, resulting me a mildly painful shoulder.

Stepping in, I took a deep breath of the sweet-smelling warm air. I closed the door as much as it was possible, before calling for her.

"Annie..."

And there was no answer, no sound of footsteps. "Annie!" I walked farther in the main level.

She wants to play hide and seek? Okay, but she can't hide from me.

Hallway: clear; living room: clear.
"Annie... Come out!"

I entered the kitchen, "I just wanted to see you, love." so... She wanted to play and we played, but now it's time for her to come out like the good girl she is.

"Annie, Annie, where are you? Come out. I just want to look at your face and-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence.
I noticed that when I was about to walk out of the kitchen.

The biggest knife on the knife place wasn't there.
But her mother always puts that there...
And there is only one explanation...