Chapter 9 Part 2

*** Check out the amazing banner made by: ThenextJKR

Chapter 9 Part 2

(Kaila)

            With my heart pumping in my ears, I watched wide eyed as two men jumped on Eve. She threw one off of her, but the other one tackled her to the ground and with arms around her waist and with a fatal blow to her head she was unconscious. I backed up lightly wanting nothing more than to escape, but something within me was wanting power.

            She wanted to attack and kill, to make sure these bastards knew to never mess with her or her pack. I heard vicious growling and I realized with a start that I was making that terrible noise. The man who was advancing me hesitated, his smirk slipping a bit, before he continued. He lunged at me and I braced myself for impact.

            It never came.

            I ducked under his arms with incredible speed and flung a punch at his stomach. He landed hard on the ground, heaving heavily. Working purely on instinct I kicked him hard again in the head and he was out. I turned to the two people picking up Eve and growled at their surprised faces. They dropped Eve, quite hard too which elicited another growl from me. The both of them charged me and I dropped into a defensive stance. I jumped up and using one as a jump board I pushed off their chest and into the other one. We tumbled into the ground and didn't stop until I was on top of him. I punched him repeatedly on his face until his whole body, which had been fighting me, went slack.

            My ears twitched at a weird sound, almost like a gun being cocked. I swung my head only to find the first guy I had beat up holding what looked to be a tranquilizer gun up to me.

            "Au revoir, you bitch."

            I only had enough time to move so that the dart went into my shoulder, and not my heart and yet I still dropped like stones.

***

(Jon)

            Waking up was painful. Opening my eyes, everything was blurry, and pain was still erupting from above my heart. I knew the bullet was still in me, although the Wolfsbane had worn off, the silver was still irritating. I went to dig it out and realized my hands and feet were chained up against the wall. Blinking to try and get the last of the drug out of my eyes, I sniffed to take in my surroundings. The mouth watering aroma of the otherwise dingy cell had a snarl ripping out of me.

            They had Kaila.

            I shook my head wildly to clear my vision and instantly whimpered. Kaila was across the cell, laying with her back to me, immobile. Another sniff confirmed that her blood was flowing. I flung myself at her but the chains held me back, it seemed to be modeling a seatbelt model. Okay, no sudden movements.

            "Kitten?" My voice was hoarse, how long had it been since I had been down here? How long had my mate been down here, untreated? There was no response from her. I moved slowly, so as not to trigger the chains, and made my way to my kitten. I almost couldn't help the stream of whimpers that came out of me. I made my way to Kaila and turned her slightly, careful not to reinjure anything. I nearly sighed in relief when I saw that it was all dry blood, and she was merely sleeping. Although the fact that she was injured enough to have dried blood on her didn't sit well with me, I was glad that she was alive and not in any apparent pain. Her eyes fluttered and she sat up, groaning. Instantly I was pulling her onto my lap, and stroking her hair.

            "J-Jon? Where are we?" She looked around confused. I caressed the side of her face, and an unintelligible stream of 'I'm sorry' left my mouth. That was until Kaila put her hand over my mouth, silencing me. 

            "You have nothing to be sorry for. It's those sick fucks that need to watch out after I get out of these chains." She did her best mean face and I worked hard not to laugh.

            "Kitten, watch your words." I kept up my stern face for half a second before I gave a weak chuckle.

            "Can't you get us out of here?" I sighed, hating the crushing guilt of disappointment I felt answering her question.

            "The chains are made of silver nitrate. It sedates our wolves to a state where we can't reach them, making us essentially human. Plus this bullet in me isn't helping." Kaila sat up quickly and I growled softly at her. She surprised me by growling back, more ferocious. I knew If I wasn't chained, and so worried about getting her home safely, I would throw her down and show her who's in charge.

            "Stay still." My eyes nearly popped out of my socket at the sight of my little mate giving me orders. I felt her cold fingers right above my heart, where the bullet was nestled into my chest, and almost reflexively reached out to bring her to me to warm her up. She swatted me on the arm.

            "I said no moving." I grumbled at her, but clenched my teeth when her tiny fingers dug into my wound. After about five minutes of her fumbling around and apologizing her face brightened.

            "Got it!" She yanked it out with a hiss from me and her moment of victory faded.

            "Oh, Jon I'm sorry that had to hurt." I shook my head and pulled her too me.

            "Kitten don't worry about me. Look, I'm already healing. Now we just need to get you out of here safely." I closed my eyes and savored the feeling of the girl I loved in my arms.

            That feeling quickly turned to a state of panic as the man I hated the most opened the door and stepped through with a deadly smirk.

***

Comment-Fan-Vote