Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Kaila)

            "Jon?" I gently whispered, not really knowing if it was him or his wolf in control. A sliver of fear went through me as I realized that I hadn't met his wolf directly before, could he hurt me?

            As soon as the thought crossed my mind Jonathan swooped his head down and nuzzled my neck, whining lightly at the wound. Though no words had passed I understood what he was communicating. I ran my fingers through his hair.

            "I'm okay." I soothed him. I felt his tongue lick my wound and I gasped at the rush of pleasure it brought me. I suddenly felt no pain, it was as if the poison had never even entered my system. I felt strong, strong enough to take down a whole army. Cautiously I sat up, amazed that my legs seemed to be functioning, but my victory was short lived. As soon as Jon took his mouth away from my neck I crumbled to the ground. Jon's arms swooped in and held me tightly. I sighed before looking at his sad eyes. Mustering up some strength I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

            "We need to get out of here, Jon." I wasn't sure if he understood what I was trying to say, but as soon as the words came  he flew into action. Shimmying his hands under the silver cuff he used the towel to grip it and with what seemed like an effortless tug yanked the bracelet off. Repeating the process for his other hand and then me, we stood with me in his arms. 

            "I'll make you better Kaila, I promise." Jon's voice was deeper, huskier and it raised the hairs on the back of my neck. Walking up to the door he simply kicked it to free us. It flew across the hallway and with a loud thud that made me wince, settled on the floor. Before I could nudge him faster, sure that someone would have heard it, voices reached us. We were in a long corridor with open bared cells running along the walls. I recognized one of the voices as Will pleading with our captures to help Eve, but the other one was unfamiliar.

            "She needs a doctor! You can fucking kill me but damn it help my mate!" Will's desperate voice was faltering and my heart thudded at the thought of Eve dying.  The second voice was trying to sooth him.

            "Jon" I whispered, the pain already making its way back through my bloodstream. Instantly I had his full attention at my tone. "Put me down so that you can help them." I motioned to a spot next to the wall where I could rest. Jon growled softly but did as I asked none the less before going to the cell with Will and Eve.

            "Jon, thank the moon goddess, get us out of this fucking thing." I barely heard Jon's reply before the bars were literally ripped to shreds and Will was stepping through with Eve in his arms. I gasped at their appearance.