06: 80's on 8th

h a r b o r (part 1)

It was Saturday night, and Harbor was stood outside 80's On 8th. An 80's rock themed nightclub on 8th street that Arabella always dragged her to. The smell of cigarettes almost as strong as the music's vibrations they could feel coming through the ground. Both girls were growing antsy with anticipation after Livin' On A Prayer began playing through the speakers. It was one of their favorite songs.

"Oh my God," a giggle escaped Harbor's lips. "Arabella look!"

Her best friend turned her head to be met with a comedy show worthy scene. Two boys were screaming the lyrics of the Bon Jovi song that was playing, accompanying the whole ordeal with some mad air guitar skills. The girls couldn't decide wether they were impressed or secondhand embarrassed.

"Where the hell is my phone? I need to record this." So of course, Arabella did. "I totally just got the funniest snapchat video."

     "Can I see?" asked Harbor. Her friend turned the phone so she could get a good look, and Harbor doubled over laughing. "No way! Those are the guys who saw me embarrass myself at the diner. I guess now we're even."

     "I ship it. You guys can embarrass yourselves together."

     Harbor nodded her head in agreeance with a smile on her face. "That boy," she pointed to the blonde with glasses on the right, "is my soulmate."

     "Only if I can have the cutie on the left."

     "He's all yours Ari," Habor smirked at Arabella.

     Five minutes later and they were finally inside, the music having switched to Welcome to the Jungle. Making the duo feel like they were movie characters dramatically entering a movie scene. The guys had entered as well. Going the opposite direction of the girls, straight to the buffet to the left of the venue.

     Harbor and Arabella wasted no time heading directly to the center of the dance floor. Carelessly, but gently, shoving people out of the way. Harbor's brother, Justin, was hanging out with his friend who was the DJ that night and smiled upon seeing them. He jumped down from the stage, dancing his way over to them. The three danced to the music for the next hour before deciding to take a much needed break. They each put together their own plate of nachos before sitting down on some bar stools at a tall table.

     "Holy shit. I've never had nachos as amazing as these."

     "Bloody hell, stop inhaling them Justin! You're gonna choke. Chew chew chew, love." Harbor grabbed her brother's face and forcefully moved his jaw up and down. The British way of speaking slipping through her vocabulary from watching way too many Dan and Phil Youtube videos.

     "Oh fujshgov. Mmmmhmmmmm!" Justin couldn't make a coherent sentence until he was finally able to swallow the food his sister was making him chew. "Harbor! I'm twenty years old for God's sake!"

     "Yet you act as if you were a baby with no gums that tries to just swallow everything."

     Justin rolls his eyes and takes another nacho. Making a show of chewing it to hopefully make Harbor shut the hell up. Arabella had been biting back a laugh the entire time as she watched the siblings squabble. She was about to add her input when she spotted the two guys from earlier practically humping each other on the dance floor.

     "Fuck!"

     The other two stopped their bickering at the sudden outburst to glance in Arabella's direction with a look of confusion across their features.

     "They're gay!"

     "Who's gay?" asked Harbor.

     "The two guys from earlier!" Arabella aggressively pointed a finger at the two and the siblings looked over. "Ugh, I really wanted to get the brunette's number and go on a date with him. That's obviously not going to happen now."

     "We dance like that with each other and we aren't lesbian. There's a good chance they're just fucking around."

"Oh my God you're right! Come on!"

"Wait wha-" Harbor's sentence was cut short as Arabella grabbed her by the wrist and, quite literally, yanked her off of her seat. "What the hell are you doing?"

"We are going to talk to them."