Chapter 7: Family Reunion

It's morning. Jake and I joined the others pretty soon after our conversation. I had a little trouble convincing some of them that he actually was on our side. After that, I introduced him to some of the most important people. Ironhoof and Suncloud didn't like him that much, I don't understand why.

Caspian and he were talking as we continued. We have around a day's walk left until we reach Aslan's How. We took a pause and slept a couple of hours ago.

"Can you tell us more about Aslan's How?" Caspian asked me. I smiled.

"Aslan's How isn't a fortress, but neither a tomb," I said. "It's a place where ancient powers rule. The Stone Table lies in a room in the middle of everything."

"The Stone Table?" Jake asked.

"Where the White Witch once killed Aslan," I said. Jake nodded. He knew nearly everything that's going on now. Caspian and I told him everything. He knows that we're waiting for the Kings and Queens of old, but he don't know that they're my siblings. I didn't tell him. I don't want him to think that I am special.

"Is there more than the Stone Table there?" Caspian asked.

"Yes. There's a lot of empty space where you can fit in a whole army," I said. "And I've got a room there. It's all really big."

I looked around as I heard something. A voice. I don't know if they others heard it or not. I looked at Jake. He raised his eyebrows and looked confused when I looked at him. I fought down a laugh and looked at Caspian. Or where Caspian was a second ago. Where did he go?

I heard the sound of two swords colliding and spun around. I ran towards the sound and Jake followed me. I was met by the sight of Caspian and Peter fighting against each other.

Wait, Peter? Is he here? Does that mean that the rest of them are close too? I looked around and saw Lucy looking at the two fighting. She looked shocked at the fact that they were fighting.

"Why do boys always have to attack when they see someone?" I muttered and sighed. Peter's sword got stuck in a tree and Caspian kicked him so he fell. Peter picked up a stone and was about to hit it in Caspian's head. I had an arrow nocked on the string of my bow and aimed at Peter's head before I knew what I was doing.

"No, stop!" Lucy cried out. I lowered my bow when they stopped fighting and looked around. The other Narnians had joined us. And everyone had their swords out, even Jake had. I put the arrow back into the quiver and jumped down from the stone I stood on. I walked closer to where Caspian and Peter stood, and of course Jake followed me.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter asked. He must've realized that he was surrounded.

"Yes? And who are you?" Caspian said.

"Peter!" I heard Susan say, and moments later she, Edmund and another dwarf came up and stood behind Lucy. Oh. So the whole family is here.

"High King Peter," Caspian said.

"I believe you called," Peter said.

"Well, yes, but... I thought you'd be older," Caspian said.

"If you like, we could come back in a few years," Peter said and backed away.

"No. No, that's alright," Caspian said very quickly. "You're just... you're not exactly as I expected." I saw him looking at Susan.

"Neither are you," Edmund said, looking at a minotaur suspiciously.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," Trufflehunter said.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege," Reepicheep said and moved forwards. "Our hearts and swords are at your service." He bowed down. Then Lucy said the wrong thing.