Sneak Peak!

“Sorry, Reep, I have to do this,” I said and climbed up on the railing. I shook his little mouse hands off my hair and took a deep breath.

“Emily, what are you...” He began, but I interrupted him by pushing away from the railing and making me fall off the ship. I hit the water with a silent splash and quickly sank deep down. A cold hand grabbed my wrist and the mermaid  swam up so she was in front of me.

‘Breathe. You’ll be able to breathe down here through me,’ a soft voice in my head spoke, and I was so shocked that I breathed in. She smiled at me with her greenish hair floating around her face. ‘See? It worked.’

‘Who are you and why did you want me to get down here?’ I thought to her. Her smile disappeared and she tilted her head.

‘I’m Amber, and my great-grandmother Saphire sent me. She wanted to see you again,’ she thought. ‘She’s dying.’

‘Take me to her.’ A thousand things went through my head as she dragged me with her further down. The silence rang in my ears and I tried to take in what I was seeing. It was beautiful down here. Amber showed me through a hole in a giant coral reef and suddenly we were surrounded by other mermaids. They, however, didn’t seem to notice us. They were all caught up eating, drinking and having a good time.

What are they doing?’ I thought to Amber.

They’re celebrating. It’s how we take farewell of the dead,’ she thought back. In front of us were an underwater mountain, and we were facing an opening in it. She swam forwards and dragged me with her. When we had gone inside, she swam upwards. We passed several openings in the wall, but she kept going up.

In here,’ she said when she stopped in front of an opening almost in the roof. ‘Don’t breathe in the water.’ I took a deep breath and she let go off my wrist. I swam inside the opening and upwards, hoping there would be an air pocket higher up. My head soon broke the surface and I breathed in air.

I kept my head over the surface and looked around in the small cave I was in. Over at the wall, I could see a woman sitting with her eyes closed. Although her hair was now white and she was way older than last time I saw her, it was no doubt that it was Saphire. But why wasn’t she noticing me? Was I too late? Had she already... passed away?

**********************

Hey everyone! There was the extremely short sneak peak of the next book, which name I still haven't decided on. But it'll be up in two days, so look forward to that!

And about the name of the next fanfic... I have had extremely big troubles choosing one. I have one that I think I might keep, but if you have any suggestions you can tell me. I may change my mind many times in these two days remaining until it's christmas. The first time I thougth of a name, my mind came up with "Voyages with the Pevensies", which sounds like a freaking Lockhart book (bonus points to you if you get that). And I don't want that. Soo... yeah.

That was random. I'll see you all in two days!