Chapter 11: A Dwarf, a Hag and a Werewolf

*This chapter contains a lot of violence*

'Why am I surrounded by fools?' I thought as I walked through the tunnels in Aslan's How. Our army, Edmund, Peter, Susan, Caspian and Jake left an hour ago. I can't believe Jake went too. I thought he was smarter than that!

I sighed and stopped by the paintings of me and my siblings at the coronation. It was such happy times then. Why can't it be like that again?

Well, I'm at least happy that Lucy stayed here. I don't know if she did it willingly or if she was forced to stay, but I'm glad that she's here. One person less I have to worry about.

"Emily!"

I looked around and saw Nikabrik running through the tunnel from the Stone Table cave.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's Lucy, your highness. She fell and she won't wake up!" Nikabrik said.. Oh no. What happened? I started running towards where he came from. I heard him follow me. Lucy can't be hurt, not now! I have to get to her!

"Lucy!" I cried out when I ran into the cave with the Stone Table. I didn't see her anywhere. I looked around and tried to find her. Where was she?

"Lucy!" I cried out again. I turned to Nikabrik. "Where is she?"

But he just smiled creepily. I backed a couple of steps with a bad feeling.

"Where is Lucy?" I asked. I cursed myself for coming here without any weapons. Why did I leave them? I backed away more as he approached me, but stopped when I felt the Stone Table behind my back.

"Oh, I don't know," he said and drew his knife. "Maybe she's asleep, as she should be?"

I gasped as someone covered my mouth with their hand. Same person also put a knife at my throat. I tried to break free, but the person was too strong. Nikabrik waved at someone to move forwards, and I was pushed forwards until I was standing right in front of the carving of Aslan. Only it was covered in shadows, even though the fire was still lighting up the whole room. I was forced down on my knees.

I looked up at Nikabrik with hate in my eyes. The person behind me backed away, but I felt the knife touching my back. I was trapped. What do they want?

"It was a trap, wasn't it?" I said to Nikabrik. He raised his eyebrows.

"Well, you're clever, aren't you?" he said mockingly. I can't believe it. I trusted him!

"Why?" I asked. Two other creatures stepped in front of me and joined him where he stood. One of them was a hag. I suddenly couldn't move. I was frozen in my place. I guess it was the hag who did that.

I couldn't see what the other creature was, since he was covered in a cloak. But I assumed from the smell that it was a werewolf. They tend to smell a lot.

They shared some words and then Nikabrik and the werewolf went out of the room. It was just me and the hag left in the room.

"Emily Pevensie," she said and walked around me in a circle. "You are an interesting little girl." She continued walking around me and I felt a pressure building up inside me. I could move now, but I stayed as I was. I still had no idea of what they wanted.

"You're strong, little girl," the hag said. The pressure kept building up and I could nearly not stay standing anymore.

"But apparently not strong enough," the hag said as I fell down to the floor. The pressure ended.

"What do you want?" I asked. She drew her knife.

"You hold answers we want," she said. "You are the Keeper."