what is love?

Third-person POV

"Why do you want to be an actor?" Kongpob asked after we entered the wing. Apparently, there is a whole building dedicated to acting and our class on the second floor.

"Because I know how to act," Arthit said casually.

"Then show me." He said his eyes glinting mischievously.

"What?" He asked suspiciously.
"Act as if you are not this...." He said struggling for words.

"Meek, din witted wuss." He completed for him.
"Hey, that's not what I was about to say." Kongpob protested.

"Then?" Arthit asked pointedly.
"I just want to see another angle." He said and winked at him.
'You have no idea'. He smiled inwardly. But Art acted as if he was too naive to understand Kongpob.

"Are you also taking an acting course?" He asked with his eyebrows raised.
"Acting course? Babe, I am al-" he started and paused abruptly.

'Say it' Arthit was screaming inside. He could put stop to this act if he did that.
"I mean I am also taking an acting course, Yeah." Kongpob said grinning." But will you take my challenge?" He asked.

He pretended to think for a moment." Ya fine. But what is the script, director?"

"You are this carefree, straightforward, sassy guy who is new here. I am a famous actor who is doing an acting course here and who is arrogant and rude but you love me. So babe, could we begin." Kongpob said smiling at him.

"You bet, dude."Art said smirking at him.
He took out her specs and shook his hair giving it a messy look.
"Oh!" Kongpob said laughing. "Fine, lights, camera, action." He said and ran off to.. somewhere.

Art shook his head. It was as if Kongpob was waiting for something like this all his life.
'Give and take.' He would do this and then he would tell him that he knew who he was. And maybe he would laugh it away.

Arthit entered the class and saw Kongpob sitting with some guy and chatting happily.
"Then I told him.." He was saying when Art went behind him and tapped his shoulder.
Kongpob turned back and squinted at him. His eyes were glinting with all the happiness in the world.

"Hey sir, my name is Arthit. I am a big fan of yours. Can I get your autograph?" Arthut asked letting his hidden excitement show.
The other boy with him was staring at Arthit wearily.
"Don't bother to ask please go away." He said and sighed.
Kongpob looked at him and mouthed 'It's him'.
The other boy's expression transformed into amusement.
"It's okay Suth. I'll deal with him. I am done with these fans now." Kongpob said giving him a stony look.
"I am not just a fanboy. I love you." Arthit announced his voice soft and cajoling.
"I have heard many saying this." Kongpob said glaring at him." How can people say they love someone without even knowing the person? Just because he looks good and comes on screen. Huh? Do you even know what is love? Love is something beyond this face. It had to be from here." He said pointing towards Arthit's chest. "And not from here." He said indicating his eyes. His eyes had lost that glint now it was replaced with utter frustration making Arthit forget that he was supposed to react.

And then Art went and hugged him. It seemed so necessary.
Kongpob flinched and didn't react for some time and then hugged him back.
"I don't love you because of how you look I loved you because of the shine in your eyes which needs to get back." He mumbled into Kongpob's shirt and pulled back.
They were looking to the eyes of each other for what seemed like ages. Everything else didn't matter. He needed him to stay like this. It was clear.
"Nice act" Suth interrupted with a whistle breaking their trance. Both of them smiled at him.
"I know. You can act, cupcake." Kongpob said shaking her hand.

"You were better. I swear it did seem like you were frustrated about being famous. That's hard to do." He said smiling at him. Suth and Kongpob exchanged knowing glances at each other but didn't utter a word.
"You don't watch films?" Arthit asked.
"No, I just moved from Philippines so..." Arthit replied which was true.
"Oh okay." Kongpob said." It's good you don't. I know you'll prove En wrong."
"U mean the guy with you.."
"In the cafeteria." Kongpob completed his sentence.