4. Wingardium Leviosa

Tom's POV
She felt oddly light in my arms; as if there was no soul in her, none of that fire that I had seen in Hogwarts. For a moment, I contemplated using Legilimency, but I shoved the urge away. She was not worth it.

There was the familiar tug of wind as I Apparated; my feet landing at the threshold of Malfoy Manor. The elegant building rose clearly above thehills; grand and impressive. A fitting headquarters for the Death Eaters.

   The doors swung open to admit me as I heard the familiar voice of Abraxas Malfoy. "Welcome, my Lord," he bowed ; his eyes darting fearfully, "I prepared the manor as soon as I received your message. It is an honor to welcome you to our humble abode."

  "I should think so," I said smoothly,"and don't take this that you are doing me a favor out of the goodness of your heart. You are doing this as your own duty because besides money, Malfoy, you are of no use to me." I looked around in distaste. "Even a brick in this house has more magical prowess than you."

  I looked down at his ashen face. He was too afraid to be angry. Good.

  Suddenly, Malfoy's head snapped up as he saw Addie in his arms. "Who is that--" he began before his eyes widened, "is that--"

   "Say nothing," I said flatly, "or I will show you the true meaning of torture, Malfoy. It would be too bad-- your wife is with child, isn't she?"

  Abraxas looked down; trembling violently, his hair losing its sheen already. "Yes, understood, my Lord," he whispered before I waved my hand in dismissal. He nearly fled out of the doors.

  I navigated easily through the home; taking in the lavish decorations. I stopped at the room to the left and opened the door. Malfoy had prepared the room well; not a single thing was out of place. I could almost feel approval. Perhaps he wasn't so useless after all.

I placed her on the bed and felt myself hesitate. Not long. But enough to be real. I waved my hand and tucked her underneath the covers. It was displeasing if objects were not used for their purpose.

I looked down, seeing her arm awkwardly poking out of the covers. Her arm was grazed, a long burn mark imprinted upon the skin. I remembered the spell I had used. Something stirred. I reached down and touching her arm, I couldn't contain a shiver as I felt contact. I passed my hand over her wound and watched as the skin healed perfectly. I quickly got up.

     I watched her for a few moments.

    Addie Robins was an imbecile who cared nothing for true power and meaning in the world. She was the one that Tom Riddle had supposedly cared about, Voldemort had no use for her. I walked around the bed slowly, transfixed at the sight of the Horcrux around her neck. A foolish mistake. How could I had been so sloppy? Sentiment could have been my downfall; all it took was a flick of her wrist to send it plummeting into the depths of Azkaban. I stopped pacing at the thought.

  She had plenty of opportunity, she had no guarantee that I would return. That meant...

  I froze, a slow, painful smile creeping upon my lips. "Oh, Robins," I chuckled, "how naive of you. So you do still have feelings for me after all. How utterly pathetic." Her pain was to my advantage. If I was to cripple the foundations of the Ministry of Magic, I must have force behind me. The Death-Eaters, many of whom I had trained, could not face the Aurors with their pitiful skill. Adeline Robins. It was not her I needed, I thought with a smirk, it was Adeline Grindelwald.

  The power of her ancient lineage and her blood. They would serve me well...

****
Addie's POV