Chapter 1- Time Travel

War is necessary evil, but not this time as the Imperial Palace was being turned upside down. The hired highly skilled carpenters restructured and repainted the exteriors of the main palace and other buildings within the imperial premises. Here and there, the sound of hammer and chisel can be heard. The strong odor of paint lingered. Some scholars together with a group of ministers remodeled the landscapes. In the help of the common people, ponds and intricately designed bridges were made, trees were uprooted to be transferred to another place. On the other hand, attendants and even members of the royal family busily furnished the palace's interior. The king instructed them to keep it simple but elegant.

This was a joyous day for all! The hundred years of war waged between the north and southern kingdom is coming to an end. Tomorrow, the north's imperial envoy will be visiting. There were rumors that the Northern King, Fang Tenfei will be coming himself together with his heir.

A beautiful man was walking to and fro inside the room. His sword-like eye brows were deeply furrowed. His hazel brown eyes, now full of worries, were sharp but kind and full of knowledge. His nose was pointy, not like a mountain, but it was just the perfect shape. His dark long hair swayed with his every turn.

" Dear Brother, be still. Have a seat and calm yourself." A man who exactly look like him said, except that this man has a small beauty mark under his left eye. It was the Southern King's adviser and at the same time twin brother. He calmly raised the porcelain cup to his thin blood-red lips and savored the lavender tea. His dark eyes has quite grown tired of watching the king march to and fro in the room.

" Guoliang. How can I calm down knowing that such a blood-thirsty creature will soon be entering my kingdom!" the king bursted with anxiety.

No one even remembers how the war began but ever since it had many generations ago, never once did the south won against the north. Ever since then, they had been losing vast amounts of territories. Though worthless, they still chose to fight not until the king had decided that he had enough.

" Guozi." it has been years since Guoliang last called his brother by his name. He only does it when he's worried.

The king momentarily stopped marching and stared at his brother's face. He gave deep sigh and walked towards the nearest chair to seat.

" You might hate him, brother. But remember, you are doing this for the country's sake. For the future generation to live in peace not fear. For the people to have a complete family." Guoliang pointed out.

" You are right brother." he smiled with his brother's word and stood up. He walked towards the table and pulled a chair. He began to pour himself some tea.

The atmosphere began to lighten up. But then the doors flew open revealing a lowly servant. She was around 50's. Her hair had streaks of white and the lines on her face were running deep. But it didn't matter as she really looked very kind. Her eyes were over-flowing with tears and lips trembling, ready to tell something really important.

" How dare a lowly servant barge into this place!" Guozhi irritatedly said. He was going to call the guards but...

" Brother, wait. That servant is from my house, please let her speak." Guoliang asked. The king nodded and allowed the servant to speak.

" Master, it's an emergency. It the young lady has been found floating in the old pond near at the royal library. The royal physician and scholars were trying to revive her when I left." the servant cried whist bowing deeply onto the ground.

Guoliang was petrified. He didn't even noticed that the cup slipped out of his hand. Then in a blink of an eye, it was like he sprinted for his dear life. Her daughter! Her most beloved daughter drowned! The king, who too was shocked to hear the news and the servant hurriedly followed him.