Chapter 5- Intertwining Strings of Fate

King Guozi sat on his throne suppressing any emotion that he has, any flaw that the northern king might notice. His eyes were closed. Beside him, stood Guoliang not minding to suppress his ever growing dark aura. He ministers stood in silence, no one dared to move a muscle. Everyone in the King's court were like statues frozen in time. The atmosphere was tense and heavy, no ordinary person can breathe and get out alive once they stepped in.

The drums began to roll. Guozi's eyes shot open and was later followed by the harmonious sound of the instruments. The Northern King, Fang Tenfei has already entered the palace gates. The beating of the drums synced with everyone's beating chest, only getting faster and louder with every moment that passes.

The boy with the white hair finally stood up. He carried with him a couple of chests. He leapt out of the palanquin and rushed to set the palanquin's ladder for the Northern Prince. He carried the things with his back while he offered his shaky calloused hand to the assist the prince from the palanquin.

The prince carefully descended to the ground, staring viciously at the white haired servant. Under his black and golden colored mask that complimented his black robes, he rolled his eyes at him and signaled the nearby eunuch to immediately attend to him.

" Eunuch Bo! Hand me a clean piece of cloth." he commanded.

The eunuch immediately handed him a pearl white handkerchief.He rubbed his hands so hard to the handkerchief as if h held something that was very dirty.

" Next time, do not dare to hold me with your filthy hands." he sneered at him and turned to the palanquin to offer a hand to the King.

The boy can only nod, shake and retreat into a corner as the Prince insulted him. He partially lifted his hands and stared at them. Indeed they were rough and scaly, but they were clean.

" Boy! What are you spacing up about?! Come or else, the master will punish you.!" Eunuch Bo called as they began to follow the King and the Prince's procession to the Southern King's audience hall. With his shaking knees and aching back, he followed.

On the other side, Mama Ting An held Lanying's hand leading her to her changing room. There were towering cabinets, well quite towering for her because of her current height, and panel blinds where she can change. There was also a cabinet full of silk shoes of her size and other various sizes.

" Mama Ting An, are... are all theses things mine?" she excitedly asked as she tugged the old woman's sleeves.

Mama Ting An's boat shaped lips curved more wider as she began to pat Lanying's head.

" Yes." she responded with glee and watched as Lanying ran around and stopped by the cabinet.

" We should dress you up, little lady might catch a cold if we continue to stroll around. Lord Guoliang might scold this old woman." she said as she walked towards the cabinet and opened it.

Lanying 's jaw dropped to the floor, her eyes widened with amazement. The clothes were colorful and smooth. It was designed with flowers and butterflies.

"Oh bollocks! If had atleast 10 pairs of these clothes back then, I would've been really rich." she thought but then, she began to notice something strange.

"Mama Ting An, why are there big clothes in my closet?" she asked, acting more childly than ever.

" Do Mom and me share the same closet? I noticed it was also true with the shoe rack." she added.

Mama Ting An's gleeful smile turned into a lonely one. She didn't let the little lady notice it, instead she redirected the situation into a different one.