Escape -E.D-

Man I love these goofs so much I'm still so proud of them to be on TrL 

Y/N POV

The audience was roaring with screaming and shrieking as Ethan and Grayson Dolan burst through a fake wall, their helmets sliding off their heads in the process. Ethan went tumbling to the ground, catching himself with his hands before propping himself up to his feet, smiling awkwardly with embarrassment although the whole thing was entirely staged. He was a better actor than he realized. They high-fived the fans along the short pathway to the TRL stage where the other co-hosts were waiting. They exchanged short hugs with the co-hosts before pulling their microphones to their mouths yelling a loud "WHAT'S UP GUYS!"

You stood off to the side, toying anxiously with your fingers as you watched your boyfriend run his fingers through his hair for the fifth time in five minutes. He hated being in the spotlight and although anyone who didn't know him would think nothing of it, you could visibly see his anxiety was getting the best of him. He had been in a pretty bad mood since he woke up but he still stood tall, faking a smile for the cameras and going along with whatever stupid shit TRL came up with. The show ended about an hour later and Ethan came running off to the side towards you. He hugged you for a split second before pulling away. You tried to ignore the sting of disappointment. Normally he was showering you with kisses after every show. In the eight weeks they had been filming it had become almost like a ritual. You had gone to every single show, following him around like some lost puppy and between all the trips back to Jersey, New York, L.A then back again maybe it was too much. You frowned. Maybe he wasn't in a bad mood, maybe he was just annoyed with you.

Ethan plopped down on the couch across from you and scrolled aimlessly through his phone while Grayson stood slumped back against the wall in the far corner finally exchanging numbers with one of the female co-hosts. Grayson had been pawning after her since the day they met but she had shown him no interest up until now.

You looked back over at Ethan who's face had fallen into his hands before sliding down to his neck which he massaged roughly. He glanced up at you but looked away before you could give him a comforting smile. Ouch. Jesus he was in a terrible mood and you had a two hour drive back to Jersey in only a few minutes. Great.

"Well..." Grayson sighed, locking his phone once his co-host had left the room. "Jeff just texted me and said the car is outside to take us back to the hotel to get our stuff and you know how much he hates waiting so we should probably get going."

It was true. Jeff, their manager, had very little patience but he always meant well. If it wasn't for him the boys would be late for everything.

You stood, grabbing your purse and nodded at Grayson. You glanced at Ethan who still sat slouched back on the couch.

"Dude." Grayson kicked Ethan's shoe causing his head to shoot up.

"Bro, what the fuck?!" Ethan shouted.

"Let's go, man! Stop being so god damn difficult! Mom wants us back in Jersey in time for dinner!"

Ethan sprung out of his seat, shoving past Grayson, bumping his shoulder along the way and headed out the back exit to the car. Grayson shot you a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, motioning for you to exit before him like a true gentleman.

You shrugged. Ethan had been all over the place lately and you hated that you were getting used to it now.

The ride back to the hotel was short, awkward and silent. The three of you grabbed your bags quickly before before meeting Cameron in the lobby. You were thankful she had braved the nearly three hour drive from Jersey to NYC all by herself just to pick you guys up. Something Ethan probably wouldn't care about or acknowledge.