❧ ⦅06⦆ Blunt Words

❧ Edited: 09/06/18 ⦅Miho's POV⦆

❧ Edited: 09/06/18
⦅Miho's POV⦆

I stared at the male in front of me with eyes as wide as saucers, a perplexed look visible on my face. "H-Houtaro?" I gasped in shock, not believing my own eyes. "I thought you-" I was immediately cut off.

He snickered. "I know, it's quite the shock. I managed to escape that psychotic son of a bitch-and so here I am, alive and in perfect condition, ta-da!" he laughed as he waved his hands around.

"That's great to hear." I said as I meddled with the hem of my shirt. "How's it been in the 11th ward? Judging by how hectic it is there, it must've been tough."

He hummed. "It has been rather tough. I had just actually lost another member of mine from a fight against a bunch of dim-witted ghouls who title themselves as the 'Golden Revolvers'." he told me.

"-although I have to admit they were quite strong, but not strong enough to defeat me and my crew."

He then smiled solemnly. "Nonetheless, they still managed to kill Daishi when he was distracted. Pity, he was a great fellow."

"That's unfortunate, my condolences." I showed him a brief smile, but internally I didn't really give a single damn.

Houtaro then shrugged nonchalantly. "His death doesn't bother me as much-I mean, it's bound to happen anyway."

I hummed, looking down at my hands. "You're certainly not wrong about that."

"How've you been?" he asked. I pursed my lips with a small shrug. "The same as usual, although also...quite different." I answered simply as I then averted my gaze towards the alluring night sky of Tokyo.

"Why's that?"

"Oh, you know-having a person that I utterly despise staying in my apartment and goes around stalking me. Nothing much, really." I said, my tone laced and dripping with heavy sarcasm.

He raised an eyebrow. "Huh, really?"

"That's...uh-strange." he muttered. "But, who is this 'person'?" I heaved out a long and deep sigh. "You know, him."

"Him? Come on, Miho. There's a lot that I have in mind, be more specific at least." he rolled his eyes as he folded his arms.

I grunted, but did so anyway. "Ayato."

"Aya-wait, what?" his pupils dilated once he realized who I was talking about. "You're kidding, aren't you?" Houtaro looked at me incredulously. I pressed my lips into a thin line and shook my head.

"I wish I was, but unfortunately, I'm not."

He rubbed his chin, his eyebrows knitting together. "The actual fuck? Since when has he been staying with you?" I shrugged. "I don't know-four days, a week? I forgot."

"Why? Why is he with you?"

"Hm, maybe because they want me to join Aogi-" I instantaneously slapped my hand over my mouth. 'Ah, god damn it. I'm not supposed to tell this to anyone-although I did tell Touka but that's totally different.'

I muttered a long list of colorful profanities, curling my hands into tight fists as I glared at the ground-it was like as if I was cursing the demons below. 'Damn, since when have I been this blunt?'

His hazel eyes burned with hatred. "What?" his tone was firm and deep-it was enough to send a shiver down your spine, but not mine. I breathed out through my nostrils in utter exasperation.

"Never mind what I said." I shook my head and waved my hand.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, gripping on it tight-I could feel his nails digging into my skin. "Hey, you don't plan on joining them, do you?" he questioned, looking at me through his eyelashes.

"What-no! Of course not!" I protested as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't think of such absurd shit, Houtaro. I would never join them!" I rebuked.

"Liar." he muttered, gritting his teeth. "You want to join them, don't you? You're merely holding yourself back from doing so. Isn't that right, Miho?"

I incredulously looked at him. I clenched my jaw, my eyes burning with abhorrence. I was in utter disbelief-I couldn't believe what he had just said to me. He doesn't even have a clue about anything.

His hand slammed against the concrete pole just above my head which made my eyes twitch by the sudden gesture. "Hey, answer me!" he raised his volume.

I scrunched my nose. "You're an idiot."

His eyes widened a fraction. With a growl, he them grabbed the collar of my shirt and swiftly hoisted me up from the ground. "The hell did you say?" he seethed. 'What are you, deaf?'

"I said, you're an idiot." I repeated.

Then the next thing I know was that his fist collided with my nose. My head jerked back and slammed against the pole behind me. I grunted in pain, raising a hand and held my broken nose that began to bleed profusely. The back of my head throbbed, it felt like a hammer was being pounded against it.

"What the fuck, Houtaro?!" I yelled at the ash blonde male in front of me who had a look of hatred and content after throwing a punch that hit me square on the nose.

Houtaro sneered. "Don't ever say that to me again." he hissed.

"No, fuck you-you little shit!"

Before I could lay a punch on him, another voice interrupted which caught both of our attentions. I cocked my head towards and saw no other than Ayato, who held a stern and aggravated look.

"What the hell is going on?"

❧ End of ⦅06⦆ Blunt Words