❧ ⦅12⦆ The Decision

❧ Edited: 10/29/18⦅Miho's POV⦆

❧ Edited: 10/29/18
⦅Miho's POV⦆

I aggressively ran a hand through my locks of auburn hair in utter frustration, pacing down the isolated alley with a mind full of endless thoughts and a heart beating at a whopping speed, rapidly thumping against my chest like it as if wanted to break free-which I suppose should concern me, but I had other things to worry about.

I abruptly halted my tracks and furiously kicked an innocent pebble that hasn't done anything wrong to be treated in such way. I had the sudden urge to scream growing in the pit of my stomach, in a desperate need to be released.

Heaving out a loud and exasperated sigh, I then folded my arms across my chest and laid my back against the only concrete pole that provided a source of light in this alley.

I held my gaze down the cold ground with an infuriated frown tugging on the corners of my lips and eyebrows knitted. It was far from possible to think of anything else but the stupid little argument Ayato and I had just an hour ago-I mean, come on! It was literally an hour ago, why the hell am I still pondering about it? It's not like it's such a big deal.

I stomped my right foot down the ground in a rather childish manner with a growl. That insufferable, blueberry haired scumbag has brought nothing but utter annoyance since the day he's been with me. Maybe it's time to finally give him my answer regarding the whole 'join Aogiri' crap. I've had more than enough of his bullshit, he needs to leave.

I tucked my hands into the pockets of my jeans and huffed, drifting my gaze towards the night sky beneath me. But how, I don't know. Like he said, as I can recall, he can't report back to Aogiri empty-handed, and if he does, what are the consequences?

Will it impact on him and I? Will they let it slide or will they be persistent? I don't have a single clue either. I fear not for my life, but for those in Anteiku-and as cheesy as it may sound, I see them as my own family. Not by blood, of course, but by heart.

Gosh, I feel rather humiliated for saying such a thing.

I sighed inaudibly and fluttered my eyes shut for a brief moment, before opening them back open. I never understand why life has to be so complexed. Can't things just be simpler? With a groan, I ran a hand through my hair once again, ruffling it up.

Just then, I was lured out of my rabbit hole of thoughts and dragged back to the harsh reality against my own will upon hearing the unmistakably familiar voice of a certain blueberry haired dickhead summoned by Satan, with a temper as short as his bloody height.

"Figured you'd be here." he stated and laid his back against the wall in front of me.

I stared at him with my lips pressed into a thin line, having no signs of emotions or whatsoever on my face. "Hm, that's nice. I also figured that I should probably take my leave now." I said and turned on my heel.