❧ ⦅P-01 Oneshot⦆

this does not apply to the story line

⦅this does not apply to the story line⦆

❧ Edited: 09/30/18
⦅Miho's POV⦆

I sat on the bed in a torpid manner, having a solemn look written all over my features as I stared at the pale wall in front of me. I lowered my eyelids and heaved out a long sigh, pressing my lips into a thin line.

It's been almost a month since he left. And ever since then, I've been feeling lonelier-empty. It's like as if a huge piece of me was stolen, I no longer felt whole. I felt helpless in the claws of a demon, engulfed in a dark and endless void.

I curled my toes, hands forming into tight fists as tears began to spill out my eyes like a waterfall, trickling down my rosy cheeks and on to the maroon bed sheets. I didn't bother to hold them back anymore, since I believe everyone needs a good cry every now and then.

I raised a hand and covered my contorted face, letting out a loud and blunt sob. The monstrosity that lived within me tugged on the fragile strings of my heart, like it was as if playing a doleful song on a harp.

I felt so crestfallen.

Everything around me seemed to be in monochrome, having no tone at all. It's been like this for me since the day he left and went back to Aogiri. I was in a rather pitiful state-and that I wouldn't lie of.

I gently shook my head and deeply inhaled, wiping my tear stained face with the sleeve of my sweater. I regained composure and breathed out a sharp sigh, then made my way over to the window.

cue to play the song

I opened the dim coloured curtains and sat down the window sill, staring at the starry night sky with a catatonic look visibly seen on my face. I then coiled my arms around my body and thought to myself: 'Will he ever come back, or will he never?'

I craned my neck down, briefly fluttering my eyes shut and ran a hand through my locks of auburn hair. For how long will my misery go on? As far as I know, I'm running little on faith, nor hope. All I ever wish is to see him again, even just a brief glimpse.

I then laughed humorlessly. "Look at what you've done to me, you idiot." I muttered, to nobody but other than myself.

"I certainly wasn't expecting to see that my disappearance would take a toll on you." I then heard an utterly familiar voice, which made me flinch in surprise.

I instantaneously peered over my shoulder, finding no other than him. He showed me one of his rare smiles which took me some time to learn to appreciate, and eventually did anyway. He took a few steps forwards and kneeled down in front of me, resting a hand on top of mine.

Until now, I was still at loss for words-it was like as if I was obviated from speaking, and all I could manage to utter was a small gasp. I felt his other hand on my left cheek, his feather-like thumb caressing it ever so delicately, which made my heart begin to violently thump against my chest.

Then again, I was on the verge of bursting out into tears. Whether this was merely just my mind playing stupid little tricks with me or not, I was far too overwhelmed with the numerous waves of emotions to even care.

I swallowed a thick lump in my throat and cupped his cheek with the palm of my left hand. I bit my bottom lip, feeling a tear slip out of my eye. "I-It's really you, isn't it?" I whispered with a wry smile.

He nodded, returning the smile. "I missed you so damn much, do you know that?" I said as he tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Now that you mentioned it, yes, I do." he chuckled hoarsely.

I then pressed my lips together. "Tell me, Ayato, why did you leave me all alone?" I asked him, my voice cracking as I was on the verge of crying again.

The corners of his lips curled into a frown, letting his eyelids lower. "I didn't want to, but I had to go back, I'm sorry. You know that I'm needed in Aogiri." he responded.

I sighed. "I-I know, I just-" I trailed off and looked down with a small laugh. "I guess I'm just being a bit selfish." He lopsidedly smiled at me and rubbed a lock of my hair between his thumb and forefinger. "I admit though, it was a huge bore without you."

I trailed a finger down his jawline and tried my best not to smirk. "Really?" He nodded in response with a slight hum, leaning into my touch and grabbed my hand with his.

His face inched closer to mine, then closed the gap between us. I felt his luscious lips lock with mine, just like two puzzle pieces. It didn't take me long to respond, melting into the passionate kiss. He placed a hand on my back, the other on my thigh while I coiled my arms around his neck and ran a hand through his velvety locks of indigo hair.

It lasted a solid minute before I had to pull away due to the lack of oxygen. I found my gaze locked with his, his pair of beguiling deep ocean blue orbs lingering with flows of different emotions-sadness, passion, desire, the list goes on.

His lips parted, then he whispered: "Miho, I...I fucking love you."

I felt my heart skip a beat as I heard his confession. 'Did I really...hear that right?' It was hard to process in my mind-my mind was going everywhere. I felt obviated from thinking straight and uttering a single word, so I kept silent instead.

"Do you not feel the same?" the corners of his lips curled into a poignant frown.

My eyes widened a fraction and I found my voice again. "What? No, of course not, I-I-" I trailed off my words and stared at my pale hands as heat rushed to my face. "I actually feel the same..."

"Do you...really?"

I bit my bottom lip with a nod and averted my gaze back to his. "I wouldn't be feeling so crestfallen if I wasn't in love with you." I laughed softly, shaking my head.

"Then, does that me-" I abruptly cut him off with a peck on the kiss. "Yes, it means that I love you too, you idiot." I chuckled.

He smirked at me. "I'm glad to hear that, since I'm in no mood to be rejected by one of the girls I love." I faked a gasp and gave him a slight push on the shoulder. "One of them?"

He briefly laughed. "I'm kidding, or am I?" I laughed along with him. "Oh, shut up. I'm the only girl you can ever fall in love with."

"Really? How possessive of you." I smiled, tilting my head to the side slightly. "I'm as possessive as I can be, darling."

He bit his bottom lip, staring at me with a lustful look glinting in his pair of beguiling, deep ocean blue hues. "God, how can one be so fucking attractive." he said in a gruff tone and gently squeezed my thigh.

"I honestly could ask you the same thing."

Let's just say, the night was full of new experiences.

❧ End of ⦅01 Oneshot⦆

Authors Note: Don't fret, children, for there MIGHT be a second part coming. *wink wonk*