Home

"So finally after three years, a divorce, and an accident with the ice sculpture, I began to see gray hairs on my head and I knew your mother had to be the one."

"Wow" I sighed in my customary 'acting like I'm interested' tone.

Cause it's not like I've heard that a billion times. My parents are always making a big deal out of finding your soul mate and such. I don't see the point in going out and searching for someone who I know doesn't exist. I mean, yeah, I turned 16 two years ago and I haven't aged yet, but it's not like I'm surprised. Being bi in a world where finding your perfect half is the point to life, isn't exactly easy.
Not to mention my parents constantly shoving the 'you'll find someone' and 'you're just not looking hard enough' and 'some people don't begin aging till they're 30's!' speeches down my throat. And then my older brother Dominick had to make it that much worse when he met Lindsey and started aging last year. Dominick stopped aging when he turned 16 just like everyone else, but then he had to go and find his soul mate and start aging again only a year later! And obviously he couldn't keep the deeper voice and abundance of new facial hair a secret for long, so our parents spazzed out with praise and gifts. I don't even want a soul mate anymore, I mean yeah it'll be lonely, but I'll never age? I don't even know anymore, all I know is I can't wait to leave for uni tomorrow.

"""The next morning"""

"Dan, you ready to go?"
I hear my dad call for me as I finish shoving what remains of my dark clothes and Muse merch into my already full suit case. Heading down stairs I set my bulging case by the door where Dom will take it to the moving van, before turning towards the kitchen where my dad was waiting impatiently. We rush out the front door and I open the drivers side door of the moving van. Giving hugs and plenty of goodbyes before pulling out of the driveway, on my way to university.