Runts and Alphas

My eyes widened when he said that. "No. Please no. Any wolf but an alpha." I pleaded. Then I panicked and did the dumbest thing ever, I ran.
     Now, did I really think I could escape him? No, but I sure tried. I ran as hard as I could, but he was hot on my tail. I was going to make a sharp turn right, but he must have guessed my intentions.
     No sooner than I got the idea, I felt teeth grab my tail and I stumbled in shock. I rolled until I felt teeth grab my scruff and pick me up.
   "Did you really think you could run from me, little one? He linked me. I remained silent and I heard him sigh through the link. He carried me back and set me down in front of alpha. I whimpered and looked pleadingly at alpha. He gave me a sympathetic look before turning towards the other alpha.
     "Let us all shift and prepare for a proper greeting." Alpha Jax suggested. The black wolf nodded, and I darted away into the house feeling eyes from all over on me. I ran into my room and shifted, slamming the door and locking it.
   "The Alpha of the Crimson Moon pack is my mate." I thought in horror. It was bad enough being the runt daughter of an omega, I just had to have an alpha for a mate. "He's going to reject me." "Shut up. Mate would never do that." Clara growled at me.
     I shook my head and stood up. After picking out a pair of black silk pants and and red long sleeve v-neck over a black lace topped undershirt. After brushing my hair, I unlocked the door and stepped out. I shut the door and turned around.
     I ran into something warm and solid, and started to fall. A pair of arms grabbed mine and I cried out in shock. I glanced up into a pair of striking grey eyes.
   "I knew you'd fall for me eventually." He smirked. I hastily straightened up and glanced at his hands on my arms. "I...I'm so...s....sorry...Alpha...I...um..." My words died off as he quirked his eyebrow. He chuckled before taking my hand and pulling me to the dining room. All eyes fell on us when we entered the room. I gently pulled my hand from his and quickly walked over to Alpha Jax. "Is everything okay? Why aren't you with your mate?" He asked worriedly. "I..." 
     "She is with her mate." The other alpha growled, pulling me so there was no space between us. I struggled, but gave up when he growled.
   Luna May walked in and looked at us. She smiled and walked over to us. "I'm so glad your okay Luna." I said tearing up. She nodded at me and looked at the Alpha. "Alpha Darkwood. Thank you for stepping in when you did." I felt him nod behind me and Luna May smiled. "It seems you finally found your mate, Serafina. I'm so happy for you sweetie."
     She walked over and hugged Alpha Jax.  I lowered my gaze when he leaned down. "That's right. On that note, I would like some alone time with my mate."
     Alpha Jax nodded and swept his left hand towards the door across from us. "My office is right through there Mace. Please do not break anything." He said smirking. I blushed a million shades of red before he pulled me to the room. He released my hand and closed the door.
   He leaned against the door and crossed his arms. I stood there, uncertain, and nervously crossed my arms, trying to make myself even smaller. He chuckled and stood up straight, uncrossing his arms. He walked towards me and I walked backwards. "Why do you run from me when you know it is futile?" He asked curiously.
     "I...I'm sorry Alpha..." "Don't call me that. Not you." He said angrily. "I...I'm sorry.....but wh.....what should....I..." "Why do you keep apologizing?" He asked. "I....um...." My voice trailed off when he stepped closer.
   "I have much to be sorry for." I whispered. "Who told you that?" He said lowly, reaching out and playing with a small section of my hair. "Doesn't matter. If you are going to reject me, please do it now." I closed my eyes so he wouldn't see the tears brimming. "Now why would I do that?" my eyes snapped open.
     "I've spent months searching for my mate. Now that I found you, I'm not letting you go for anything." He growled. "Now, who told you you should be sorry for everything?" He asked sternly.
     "I'm a runt, what don't I have to be sorry for?" "That doesn't mean you should be sorry." He growled. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room towards Alpha Jax. He held my wrist tightly when he spoke."Did you know she was being bullied?!" He roared.
   "We did all that we could, but we can't be there for her all the time." Alpha stated. "Well some one should have been!" Luke came over with a worried look. "Sera? Is everything okay?" He said cautiously glancing at my mate. The Alpha spun around and glared at Luke. He pulled me closer to him. "Chill man, you're hurting her." Luke growled, seeing me wince when the Alpha tightened his grip. When he realised what he was doing, he loosened his grip but didn't let go.
   Luke looked at the Alpha. "If you don't mind releasing her, I'm sure Sera would like to get something to eat and drink." He said politely, but I heard the anger in his voice. "She's mine." The Alpha growled. "Please?" I whispered. I wasn't sure he heard me, but then his eyes slowly lowered to meet mine. His other hand brushed my hair back from my eyes.
     "Please may I go get something to eat?" I asked again quietly. He gazed into my eyes for a moment before he replied "Go, then return as soon as you have food and drink. If you are not back by an appropriate time, I will come looking for you. Understand?" "Yes alpha." I replied lowering my gaze.
   He sighed before leaning down and kissing my forehead. He released my hand and I took a step back. Luke grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dining room, where a feast had been set up to welcome the Alpha. "Are you okay?"He asked once we were out of sight of the Alpha. "I can't be mated to an Alpha, Luke." Luke have me a sympathetic look before fixing a fruit salad. I gave him a questioning look before he handed it to me. "I know you don't like to eat meat. I figured a salad would be better than a steak since you haven't eaten in awhile." He said shrugging. I gave him a thankful smile and he handed me the salad.
   "Who is he anyway?" I asked around a mouthful. "Your mate?" "The Alpha, yes." "His name is Mace. I'm sure you don't need me to say anything else." He said, obviously wanting to change the topic. I nearly choked when I heard the name.
    V"No way. Not him. Not the Alpha Mace." My emotions must have shown clearly on my face, because Luke have me a pitied look. I knew it was the hope of Alpha and Luna that Luke and I were mates. That hope was crushed as I was now claimed by the Bloody Alpha.

Alright! She found her mate. What do you think of him so far?  Mace has grey eyes and brown hair. His wolf is all black with a silver tipped tail named Raulfe. His beta is named Sebastian, or Bash, with green eyes and long brown hair, his wolf is light brown with a dark brown mark on his chest. You'll meet him in the next chapter.I may or may not try to find pictures for the characters.