Medicine and Marking

The members of Mace's pack that had travelled with him continuously asked Sera if she need help with her luggage or if she required anything else to be packed before their departure. She watched sadly as all her things were neatly packed away in easy to carry cases. Wolves had eagerly jumped at the chance to help carry their lunas belongings.
     Mace had let her sleep in till just after noon, then woke her saying she should prepare to leave. She'd showered and dressed then brushed her teeth. Mace insisted on staying by her side the entire time, standing just outside the door. He'd knocked, asking if she was okay, constantly.
Her and Mace were currently off to the pack healer so mace could get the recipe for her medicine, though he was adamant she wouldn't need it after Dr. Callahan examined her wound with his device.
     "Aw, Sera. How are you dear?" the healer, Lyra asked. "I'm fine Lyra." The girl nodded then turned to Mace. "Ah ha, so you're the one who's taking this lovely girl from us are you? Listen, and listen well wolf. Alpha or not, if you hurt this sweet girl, in any way, I will personally kick your ass. Do you understand me?" Lyra growled, her voice dropping an octave. Mace smiled and hugged Sera from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. She blushed and looked away when Lyra smiled. "I'd kick my own ass first." he responded.
     "Good. Now, what did you come here for? Surely you're not leaving this early?" Lyra asked sweetly. "No no, I just need the recipe for Sera's medicine. I'm going to have my healer examine her of course, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Especially when it comes to my mate's well-being." Lyra smiled and nodded, walking over to a cabinet. She pulled out a set of keys and examined them before selecting one. "I have a few of the ingredients here, but not all I'm afraid. I was going to go pick them after I used the last ones for her last batch. If you'd like, I can give you the ingredients after I gather the rest?" she asked, unlocking the cabinet. "Thank you." Mace replied. Lyra nodded and pulled out a box labeled SERAFINA before returning and handing it to him. "When you have everything prepared please give it to my Beta, Sebastian." he said, taking the box. Lyra nodded then waved the two off. Sera gave the healer a hug and thanked her for all her help. "Goodbye my dear, be happy with your mate." Sera nodded then walked out with Mace, hand in hand.
     "The farewell feast is at 8:00 pm. If you don't mind, I'd like to mark you then." Sera froze when he said "Mark". She knew it was normal between mates, but it scared her. Marks showed others who the wolf was mated to. It was said that the process was quite painful. First the male bit the female in a place of his choosing. Marks were usually placed on the inside of the wrist or where the neck met the shoulder. Alpha Jax had marked Luna May on her collarbone, and it had taken little over a week to heal. Alpha marks were extra painful due to their strength. After the male bit the female, it was her turn. The females bite hurt much less than the males. Of course, the female didn't have to mark the male, but some did. After that, it was the wolfs turn. The female would run, as the furry sides liked to make it a game. The male would then chase the female. Once he caught her, as they always did since the females never ran seriously, he would mark her in the same place as the human side had. That mark would intermingle their scents.
     "I know what it means for you, so I'd like to do it here with everyone you know there for you instead of amongst a bunch of strangers."
     "I know how much these people mean to you, and I want you to feel comfortable when I mark you." he explained. Sera thought it over. Deep down, she wanted him to. However, she was also terrified. If he marked her, her fate was sealed. She would belong to him, and only him. He would feel everything she did. "What if he sees how much of a burden I am and changes his mind?" Clara snorted, "He loves us Sera, I know he does. He has said it so many times, but it's like it goes in one ear and out the other with you. He. Loves. Us. Nothing on this planet will ever change that." she assured.
     Sera studied Mace closely, "It's going to hurt, isn't it?" she asked. "Since you're my true mate, the pain will be minimal. It only hurts if the wolves aren't each other's true mate. We do not have to worry about that. I would never intentionally harm you." he explained. This surprised her, but it explained quite a bit. She unconsciously reached up and touched a spot just above her shoulder. Macy's eyes followed the movement. "Is something wrong?" he asked quietly. Then it struck him. "Sera, why did you think the mark would be painful?"
     She knew she had to tell him. In order for her to destroy the shadows from her past, she had to shed light on exactly what had happened. She had to tell him the one thing no one else knew about, except Marissa. "When I was.....held.....the Alpha claimed I was his mate. I never believed him because I felt nothing for him, but he insisted. When I denied it, he forced his mark on my shoulder blade. Some nights...it throbs...but for the most part I can't feel anything from it." Mace was shocked. He was angry they'd done that to her, angry they'd tried to claim what was his, sad he hadn't been there for her. The wolf had to have known the mark wouldn't take, that it would hurt her. He smelt no other male's scent on her, and she clearly felt nothing for the guy.
     "My mark, the mark of your true mate, will override the old mark. Once I place my mark, the old one will begin to fade until it heals completely." he explained, hugging her. "So you're mark...won't hurt?" she asked hopefully. He nodded, "At the most you will feel a sting as my fangs pierce you." he amended. "A sting? That doesn't sound too bad." She smiled a shy smile as she pulled back a little. "I, Serafina Atlas, do hereby accept the request to be marked by my mate."
     Mace smiled widely, picking her up and hugging he as he spun around. She laughed as he kissed her forehead after setting her on her feet. His wolf was howling in joy and he couldn't stop smiling. He officially couldn't wait for the sun to go down.

Sorry for the  wait, but since you all are so amazing I wanted to do something for you all. None of you will ever know how much your votes and comments mean to me. Thank you all!