The Big Bad Alpha Has Fallen...In Love

Mace's POV

     I looked down at her and smiled. I took her raised fist in my hand and kissed it. Her cheeks turned a cute shade of pink. "Did you need something mate?" I asked looking into her eyes. "I..um....I just wanted to tell you and Alpha that the Apple pie was done." I nodded at Jax and he walked to the kitchen smiling. I looked back at Sera and she was biting her lip. "Why is mate nervous?" Raulfe asked.
     "I also wanted to thank you for saving me earlier today. If it wasn't for you and Luke I would be..." her voice broke and I pulled her into a hug. I could hear her suppressed sobs as I held her shaking form. "I will always rescue you. Come hell or high water, to the end of time, I will protect you until my dieing day." I vowed. After a couple minutes she pulled back and looked at me. My heart warmed when a tentative but grateful smile graced her lips. "Now, how about we go eat some pie?" I asked. She nodded and we walked into the kitchen hand in hand. Jax and May sat eating pie so I got Serafina and I each a slice. We all ate and bade each other good night. "Shall we go to our room?" I asked Sera. She froze and her fear was evident. "You frightened mate, jerk." Raulfe scolded. "Shut up." I growled at him. After a few seconds she slowly nodded. "I won't hurt you. I truly wish to hold you. I promised to protect you. Why would I do that if I wanted to hurt you?"
     She seemed to think for a moment. Jace informed me she was talking to her wolf. We both smiled when she shyly took our hand in hers. "Has all my stuff been packed away?" She asked suddenly. "I believe there are a few things left. Why do you ask?" she seemed to hesitate before she answered. "There's a black vial with some medicine in it. I have to take it." she said holding the side where I'd seen the scar on her wolf. I linked Bash and he said he'd found it. He walked in and held it up. "Is this the medicine you require Luna?" He asked, bowing his head and holding it out to her. "Um, yes thank you." she said taking it. "You don't have to do that." she mumbled. "Do what Luna?" He asked, head still down. "Bow your head, or call me Luna. You can call me Sera." she shifted nervously.
     He chuckled before straightening. "If it helps you feel better." he said. She seemed to relax a little and he nodded his head. "Good night, Alpha." he turned to Sera "it was a pleasure meeting you Sera." she nodded. Suddenly another man entered the room. "Sera, Alpha wanted me to check on you. Do you need any assistance with your medicine again?" He asked. The light reflected off his silvery hair and his black eyes never left Serafina. I cleared my throat and his gaze snapped to mine. "Alpha Mace. Sorry I did not notice your presence. I was not aware you were in here." He bowed his head respectfully. "Its fine. If I might ask, who are you and what is your rank in this pack?" "My name is Kane Ridgeback, I am the beta to the current alpha." He said raising his head to meet my eyes.
     He looked back to Sera, "Do you require assistance?" He asked again. "Why does she need assistance with her medicine?" I asked him. "It is not my place to give you all the details. As her mate, you should ask her when she is ready." he growled at me. I knew he was right, but Raulfe was furious that another male had to help her with her medicine. Raulfe forced his way through and growled at the blatant show of disrespect. He immediately bared his neck, and I saw Serafina take a step back. "You're scaring mate when you take control." I admonished him. "That mutt was being disrespectful!" he growled, but let me gain control again.
     "I will help her with whatever she needs. Please inform your alpha she is in good hands and that I would like to speak to this packs healer when I can." Beta Kane bowed his head and left the room. I turned to my mate. "I apologize for letting my wolf take control like that. He had no right to scare you. Please know he feels horrible for frightening you. " I said reaching my hand out. She looked into my eyes for a moment before tentatively placing her small hand in mine. I loved how small she was. My hand completely engulfed hers and I pulled her to me. "Now, why do you need help with your medicine?" I asked.
     She tensed before looking down at the vial. "I have to take this medicine once every month. Sometimes I have to take it more often, but those times are rare. The herbs are rather...bitter, and do not go down easily. At some point, I will refuse to take what is left. When that happens someone has to force me to drink the rest." she said sadly. "What happens if you don't take it?" I asked gently taking the vial from her and examining it. "Last time I did not take it, that night I was in unbearable pain. I howled for it to end, and when it didn't I tried to make it stop." her eyes watered. "Sera, what exactly did you do to stop the pain?" I asked, already a bad feeling was rising and Raulfe was whimpering.
     "When the pain became to much, I took a knife....and cut my wrists." she admitted hanging her head. Raulfe and I were stunned into silence. "She tried to kill herself because she did not finish her medicine? How much pain was she in?" , Raulfe said nothing, still whimpering from the thought of losing her. "Now do you see why I'm not the right mate for you? I'm a burden. I'm a broken runt who can't even handle her own past. Reject me and find someone who can give you and your pack what it needs." she said walking to the counter. "Never! She is our mate! I don't care what she thinks! I will never leave her!" Raulfe yelled. I agreed with him. If she thought that was a good enough reason to leave her, she had another thing coming. I walked to where she stood and turned her to face me. Her tear filled eyes met mine and my heart broke for her. She actually thought I was going to reject her.
     "I don't know how long it will take for you to understand, but I will say it over and over until you understand. I love you Serafina Atlas. Everything about you. I don't care that you're a runt. The past does not define you. The events of your life do not dictate your future. I'll always be here for you, and I will never leave you." I said earnestly, hugging her to my chest. I needed to make her understand that I would never leave her.
     As I said the words I realized something. I realized that being the most feared alpha, the Blood Alpha, meant nothing if Serena wasn't there with me. To be me, she had to be with me. I would never be complete without her. I realized I'd fallen in love with the beautiful little shewolf in my arms.

Dear me, if I get any cheesier some one smack me. I may or may not make a short story for Beta Kane. If I don't, you'll discover his story later in this book. Next chapter will be time skipped, but ill figure the rest out later.

P.s. comments are appreciated.