Prologue

Prologue

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT CINDRIA AND THE OTHER EXTRA CHARACTERS PLUS THE STORY! THE REST ALL BELONGS TO J.K ROWLINGS!

IMPORTANT: The first Chapter is when they're 16. The prologue is only how they met and were separated. If skipped, you will not understand. So do whatever you want.

(10 years old) Tom Riddle's POV:

"Hey creep! What're you up too?" Billy Stubbs yelled out. I turned around to look at the buffoon of a human. The other orphanage kids laughed at who knows what, because at the moment, nothing was evidently funny.

"Oh! Look at me! I'm Tom Riddle! I don't talk to anybody and walk around like some kind of death doll! OOooohh fear me!" Billy cried as he threw his hands up in a zombie-like fashion and started walking around like Frankenstein's creation.

The other kids howled in laughter encouraging Billy to go on.

Such vile creatures.

"It's pointless to make fun of you because it'll take you the rest of the day to figure it out," I said while turning away and walking towards my room.

I heard fast footsteps coming towards me, and when I turned around it was too late.

Billy's fist swung around and it slammed right into my face. I fell to the ground and held my jaw in pain.

How dare he!?

The kids grew silent as they stared at Billy in shock.

"What? Got nothing to say now?" Billy taunted. In reply, I launched myself at him and tackled him to the ground.

Billy made an "oof" sound before he fell to the ground with me in tow. We scuffled on the floor; me having the upper hand being a little - much more experienced than this oaf.

The tables turned once he grabbed a fist full of my dark hair.

"Billy! Stop it!" yelled a girlish voice.

Billy stopped and turned around to see who commanded him.

Something tells me that he doesn't like taking orders from anybody except Mrs. Cole.

Standing there was probably the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She had long black hair that cascaded down her back and curled at her hips. She had ocean blue eyes that seemed to sparkle even in this dark gloomy area, a pale face with a button nose and small red plump lips.

Her figure was somewhat thin which was understandable in this terrible world. She held a pure white rabbit in her arms and it seemed to be enjoying itself nestling in her arms.

"Well, look who's here! Cindria Valroz Rowan. Just because you're new doesn't mean we'll treat you any different than this guy!" Billy said while detangling himself from me. "And what're you doing with my rabbit?"

Cindria looked down at the rabbit lovingly as if it were the most important thing in the world.

Girls and their weird obsessions in cute things.

"He looked lonely, so I thought I'd cuddle with him," she answered while hugging the rabbit closer to her.

"What's happening over here? Why is Tom on the floor?" Mrs. Cole called out as she marched down the hall towards us. The kids began to scatter as quickly as possible so they wouldn't be punished.

Billy looked at Cindria and then at me before smirking. "It was all Tom and Cindria! They were both fighting!" Billy lied as he pointed at us both. I could only stare at him and wonder what stupid person would actually believe him.