Chapter 11

Chapter 11

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT CINDRIA AND THE OTHER EXTRA CHARACTERS PLUS THE STORY! THE REST ALL BELONGS TO J.K ROWLINGS

Tom's POV:

I carried Cindria to our room. The doorknob has been replaced and someone had retrieved her items from Caleb's place. I placed her on the bed gently, my eyes narrowing at the bruise on her wrist.

"Did Caleb do that?" I questioned, my blood boiling at the thought of someone bruising her.

She didn't reply.

Cindria stared lifelessly at the ceiling with tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"Just like in the past," I thought to myself, watching her. "Only this time, she knows who did it."

"Cindria, don't be like this," I said, brushing away her tears. Her blue eyes immediately snapped to mine and her hand slapped mine away.

"How else would you want me to act? You just killed Caleb! He was only trying to help me!" she yelled at me, her face growing red as she stood up to face me. "How could you do such a thing?"

"I didn't kill Caleb, my subordinate did. Would you like me to punish him?" I asked, looking down at her.

Cindria stared at me, not saying a word. Then she attacked.

Her small fists beat at my chest until I stopped her by gripping her arms.

"Tom. What happened to you? You weren't always like this, were you? You wouldn't do such a horrid thing like kill a person, right? Tom?" she said her blue eyes paralyzing my own. "The Tom I know wouldn't have ordered someone to kill anybody."

I continued to look down at her, no words coming out of my mouth. "Let her rant, yell, and cry. In the end, she promised she would always be with me. Cindria never made promises that she would break," I thought to myself, assuring myself that everything would end up being okay.

I never thought in all my years of living that an action I committed in the past would come and haunt me.

-----------------

Cindria's POV

It's been a few days since that incident happened and I've finally come to terms that Caleb is dead and won't be coming back.

What was really hard was trying to wrap my head around Tom's action.

Was Tom really a murderer? Albeit, he wasn't the one who physically killed Caleb but he had ordered someone to do it.

Why wasn't anyone coming to arrest anybody?

Would they arrest Tom?

I rolled over on my bed, now facing the wall as I thought deeply about everything.

Tom had given me space. He only came at night for a few short minutes before leaving again. I was honestly glad. I didn't want him anywhere near me at the moment. My heart squeezed painfully in my chest as my brain flooded me with memories of what happened a few days ago.

What has become of my life?

I turned around again and almost screamed.

There laying beside me was what looked to be a transparent Myrtle Warren.

I laid there for a few seconds, waiting and watching. Maybe I was finally going insane and the symptoms were hallucinations.

"Cindria," the transparent Myrtle whispered.