Chapter 13

Chapter 13

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT CINDRIA AND THE OTHER EXTRA CHARACTERS PLUS THE STORY! THE REST ALL BELONGS TO J.K ROWLINGS

Cindria's POV:

"Cindria! We have just received word that Voldemort will be attacking the Ministry of Magic!" I heard a voice shout outside my room. The door swung open to reveal a panting Charles, his eyes holding nothing but determination.

"Was the group alerted?" I said, bolting up from my chair and walking out the room. Charles followed after me, our footsteps echoing in the hallway.

"Everyone's gathering as we speak," Charles informed me. "Dumbledore said this isn't the war everyone has been waiting for."

"I don't know what Dumbledore meant by that, but we will take any chance to bring Voldemort down," I said, my pace increasing. Determination surged through my veins, and I found myself dreading the encounter that was coming.

"Stop beating so fast," I thought angrily to my heart.

We reached the room where all the Aurors were located.

"Listen up," I yelled, all of their attention turning to me. "Voldemort will be attacking the Ministry of Magic today, and you know what will happen if he takes over. Pure destruction. Now listen, and listen well. Today we are fighting for the innocent lives that will be destroyed if we do not succeed. Protect yourselves and protect each other. We are not aiming to kill, take as many hostages as you can. If you run, you shall be labeled as a coward for the rest of your life. Now head out!"

I watched as all the Aurors and members began to apparate. I felt Dumbledore's presence behind me and turned to see him standing beside Charles.

"Cindria, we think it's wise if you do not join-"

"Don't finish that sentence. I sent all our men and women out there. What? Do you expect me to stay here and have a good cup of coffee and wait for their return? Don't make me laugh," I told him, refusing to lose eye contact with Dumbledore.

"You're not ready, Cindria, I fear something will happen tonight."

"If it does, then so be it."

With that I apparated to the outside of where the Ministry of Magic was located.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I could hear the sounds of wizards and witches battling as I rushed through the halls of the Ministry of Magic. I made several turns and cursed at the inability of not being able to apparate. I whizzed by screaming witches and fearful looking wizards, all of them looking for an exit from this hell.

I didn't blame them.

I finally stumbled across a deatheater.

"Confringo!" I shouted, blasting him from his spot before he could even utter a spell. I left him unconscious on the floor after placing a spell that would keep him chained there for a while.

Soon I came across many of other deatheaters fighting with my Aurors. They were doing well and didn't need my help.

I began to battle other deatheaters, not killing but blasting them unconscious. Suddenly, I was hit from the back with a powerful spell that threw me off my feet. I felt myself roll a couple of feet of where I stood, I looked up to see a man wearing a deatheater mask but it was the familiar white-blond hair that caught my attention.

"Malfoy," I sneered, slowly getting up from the ground.

"Well if it isn't the mudblood traitor! How wonderful to see you here," he said in a sarcastic tone, tapping his wand into his open hand repeatedly.