Chapter 1 | Ridley

Ridley Pov

The pen in between my fingers wrote my signature on its own at this point.

I stared around my office looking at the florescent dark red walls that was well complemented by the dark floorboards and dark oak trim. The ceiling was coloured a white with the colour seeming out of place in the room, but before I claimed this room as my own it was my fathers and his mate wanted the ceiling to be white.

The ancient bookshelf sat in the corner with a wide variety of different books with a sitting area with two black couches opposite with a window above the chairs; my desk sat facing the door and a large window sat behind me to let the days raze in and make me wish I could go outside more.

I glanced down at my desk and at the countless files strewn across, it looked like a mess of flyers and I continued to tell my self that I needed to be more organised. I was weeks ahead of paperwork but I knew that I would thank myself in the near future as I planned a holiday away for a small while where I could finally relax.

I tuned into my wolf hearing and could hear constant chatter down in the kitchen along with the bickering of some teenage werewolf girls and I ignored them, continuing to search for the noise that I wanted to hear.

I sensed my tiniest sibling down in the lounge room playing with building blocks and his constant tiny grunts of dissatisfaction at the cubed pieces of plastic. I chuckled to myself as he begun to mumble sounds of dissatisfaction to himself, ultimately giving up and scampering away.

I sensed for my fathers mate nearby and couldn't find her.

Of fucking course.

I got up from my seat and exited the office into the much different hallway compared to the room I was just in. The walls were a faint teal with white trim and light brown floorboards with a white ceiling; with a couple of photos of pack mates lining the walls to make the hallways seem a little less bare and a house plant every couple of meters to bring nature indoors.

I raced down the light brown steps to the first floor before making a sharp left missing the front door to check in the living room.

There sat a little bundle of happiness attempting to climb the side table to reach the land line cord, he had put his weight all on the table and I watched as it began to tip forward.

"Darcy!" I boomed as I rushed forward to the tiny child.

He glanced back at me before falling on his butt and letting go of the side table, the glass still tipping his way.

I scampered across the living room and jumped the couch before placing a large hand on the table and tilting it back to its upright position.

On the floor Darcy was beaming clapping his hands together in delight at the fact that I had just saved his tiny life from being crushed. He turned his big blue eyes to meet my green ones and I smiled into them as they reminded me of our father, the tiny squirt was looking just like our old man.

"Come here pup." I spoke to him softly as I leant down to cradle my baby step brother in my arms, he immediately beamed and laughed as I stood too my full 6.5ft height as he watched the world around him.

I propped him in a comfortable position on my chest with my arms safely pressing him against me as I scanned the living room for his 'mother'.

She laid on one of the small living chairs in the corner with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a half shattered glass in the other, clearly not doing too good. The clock said it was only three pm.

The stupid cow had lost all sense of capabilities after my father died, wasting the money he gave to her and abandoning their child they had together. It was quite disgusting, I understand the he was her one true mate but it had been over 2 years, she needs to grow up.

"Ceilia." I spoke with a monotone voice, loud enough to fill the room.

She mumbled and rolled over the whiskey pouring out of the bottle and onto the floor, the half shattered glass in her hand collapsed to the floor and shattered everywhere.

I rolled my eyes at the drunken mess that is my stepmother.

The sound of the front door had me turning. A young girl aged about twenty walked in with her hair tied high and a satchel over her shoulder resting on her hip, a short yellow skirt bounced with her with a white blouse. She looked professional and I know that girl anywhere.

"Jazzy." I boomed across the lounge room and into the front room.

She raised her head, black hair placed softly over her shoulder, tiny brown freckles dancing in her cheeks. Brown eyes twinkled as she stared back at me with a bright pearly white smile taking over her face.

"Ridley, didn't expect to see you out of your room today!" A high pitched cute voice spoke back to me, the voice of my longest and most trusted best friend.

I shook my head at her and she laughed slightly.

"Favour?"

"When have I ever not done one of your stupid favours." She responded laughing under her breath.

"Take the drunk to her room please?" I told her softly as I quickly brushed past her landing a soft punch on her shoulder and began making my ways up the stairs.

"YOU OWE ME!" She yelled from the lounge room as a large crash of glass resounded from downstairs and I cringed at the noise.

I made a sharp left on the second floor and went straight up the next set of stairs to the third floor, my own private floor. I ascended the steps two at a time, Darcy giggled and burbled all the way excited at how fast I was going. I smiled and chuckled softly with him holding the baby closer to me, he was so small and so fragile.

I carried Darcy past my bedroom and into his room which I built after I found his 'mother' unsuitable to be in charge of him.

The two year old sat in the middle of the room crawling over to a bunch of toy cars and banging them together fiercely as if that would make them explode. He laughed at himself and continued you bang them together, throwing them around the room every once and a while and chasing after the cars.

I smiled at how entertained he made himself and sat on the ground lent against his bed to watch him.

His room was a light blue with a grey carpet and white ceiling. His bed had dark blue sheets and a dark brown frame with dark brown side tables side his bed. His room was littered in toys with one corner dedicated to soft toys and another to superhero figurines.

He may be two but he looked like a three year old and I didn't mind, I preferred if the sucker never grew up in the first place.

Ridley, rogue on the border. My beta mind linked me his voice firm and strong.

Just kill it. I replied ready to shut him out.

I-I can't, this rogue is different...you need to see for yourself. His voice had wavered and he seemed unsure of himself and the situation around him.

I sent a message out amongst the pack members to ask a maid to take care of my tiny sibling and I made my way out of the pack house and into the forest, to meet a mysterious rogue.

My wolf purred softly inside me.