Chapter 5 | Settle In

Autumn Pov

Ridley had shown me to a spare room in the pack house, he told me that 'this room is one of the only other rooms sound proof in the house. I thought you would prefer people not being able to listen in'.

I smiled brightly at him and said a quick thank you.

The room was painted with a rustic brown over the walls with white trim and white furniture. The bed frame was tall and the sheets were a similar brown to the walls with an Aztec pattern on it.

I was supposed to come to dinner at 6 pm and at the moment it was around 5:30 so he just wanted me to become comfortable in the room and put on a spare change of clothes, before joining him in the dining room.

I was anxious knowing many other wolves will be in the same space as I. The last time being around this many wolves was when Genesis had lost control and gave all control to me.

She was stressed as well, sobbing louder as usual.

"Gen? Are you okay?"

"Don't go."

I was silenced, Ridley had invited us to join him for dinner. It would be unfair to abandon him.

"He inv-"

"I don't care, don't go."

I understood and didn't fight her on it. Pulling on a pair of pyjamas from inside one of the draws in the beautifully decorated room and snuggled under the covers, softly closing my eyes.

It seemed as if I had only just closed my eyes when a repeated banging echoed at the door, I flittered my eyes over to the digital clock on the bedside table.

7:31 PM

Well, I'm surprised I slept at all, usually by now Genesis and I would have had a nightmare. Either way, she needed the sleep.

Whatever or whoever was behind the door knocked the sound echoing again; I shot out of bed and stumbled to the door, opening it slightly and looking at the person behind the door.

Ridley stood there fuming, steam could come out of his ears at any moment.

"You weren't at dinner." His voice seemed strained as if he was holding himself back from yelling.

"I know," I replied blandly

"Why?"

"Genesis didn't want to."

Silence.

"Why?"

I shrugged along with a small grunt, leaving the door as I made my way back to the bed, falling back onto the soft covers that surrounded my body.

"She told me not to go. Too many people,"

I stared at the ceiling as I heard Ridley enter the room and close the door behind him softly. He was silent, extremely silent. The only sounds of the room were each other's breathing, suspiciously our breathes lining up together in sync.

"Are you hungry?" Ridley asked me softly, Gens ears perked and her body slightly jerked. 

We hadn't eaten for a good two weeks.